Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BGE forum fan asked a favor.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    cook861 said:
    congrats SGH next you will be doing TV shows with  the BGE and your Units 
    I don't really have that charming personality to be successful on TV. I have the looks, just lacking in the personality department
    ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Well she calls me NOLA, so don't feel bad.
    That's almost grounds for divorce ;)

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    SGH said:
    cook861 said:
    congrats SGH next you will be doing TV shows with  the BGE and your Units 
    I don't really have that charming personality to be successful on TV. I have the looks, just lacking in the personality department
    ;)
    Oh come now, pretty sure they'd make room for you on the "Curmudgeon Channel" ...

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• Cm23
    Cm23 Posts: 130
    Options
    waiting for this one, looks to be good
    XL, 2 Large, Mini  -- Shenandoah, TX  Now BulletGrillHouse
  • SGH
    Options
    Cm23 said:
    waiting for this one, looks to be good

imageimageimageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    Looking good @SGH! Happy New Year - way to get it started off right!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • SGH
    Options
    Venison loin stuffed with peppers and cheese and bacon wrapped.imageimageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Welp, if you have to work, at least you get to cook. I'll bet you have a happy crew today.

Edit: happy new year my friend.
  • minniemoh
    minniemoh Posts: 2,145
    Options
    ... and you continue to raise the bar!
    L x2, M, S, Mini and a Blackstone 36. She says I have enough now....
    eggAddict from MN!
  • Terrebandit
    Terrebandit Posts: 1,750
    Options
    Looks good. Moister than I thought it would be. Perhaps the injecting has a big impact on this??
    Dave - Austin, TX
  • SGH
    Options
     Perhaps the injecting has a big impact on this??
    Absolutely. Some sort of a injection is almost a must on venison shoulder if smoked without panning. I find that the butter works as good or better than anything.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options

Done deal. Time to eat.

imageimageimageimage

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    As always that's some bang up Q! Awesome!!! ^:)^
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    I disagree. I bet you could do a tv show.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • SGH
    Options
    Jeremiah said:
    I disagree. I bet you could do a tv show.
    You are much to kind my friend. I thank you nonetheless for the very kind words. 

Status- Standing by.

• JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Great looking Grub Scottie, Happy New Year!

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • boochsr71
    boochsr71 Posts: 267
    Options

Simply Awesome!

Booch- from Medina, Ohio

• SGH
    Options
    JRWhitee said:
    Great looking Grub Scottie, Happy New Year!
    And Happy New Year to you and your family brother Whitee. I hope that We get to say that to each other for many, many more years to come my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    Wow!   How was everything?
    LBGE/Maryland
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Amazing results brother, great that you could cook and share with co-workers.
    :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • SGH
    Options
    KiterTodd said:
    Wow!   How was everything?
    It was a over whelming success. I took the time to inject everything with butter to keep it from drying out. Even then smoking venison shoulders can be a catastrophe if you don't monitor it real close. I pulled the shoulders and forearm at 138 internal, the hams at 145 internal and the loins at 150. I know that probably sounds high for the loins but they were heavily stuffed with cheese, peppers and raw bacon and then wrapped entirely in bacon. It worked out very well, especially to be cooking at work with limited access to stuff. If time would have permitted, I would have done the front shoulders a little different but all went very well. 

Status- Standing by.

• cook861
    cook861 Posts: 872
    Options
    Nice looking cook  looks like you are indeed ready for your own TV show 
    Trenton ON 1 mbge for now
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Nice job. I wouldn't even know how to approach venison cuts like that. Butter injection filed away for future use.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    So why margarine and not real butter?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Butter injection filed away for future use.
    Brother D, on the shoulders and forearm it makes a huge difference if you are smoking them. Don't be greedy with the butter either. Really shoot it to it. I shoot them as full as they will go.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    cazzy said:
    I much prefer real butter over margarine. However I wasn't really prepared for this cook as my BIL is passing away and I'm working long mixed up hours to boot. That said when I realized that I left the butter at home the only thing in driving distance was a gas station. Luckily they had margarine. It worked out well though. But again I do prefer real butter when available. 

Status- Standing by.

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    SGH said:

cazzy said:

I much prefer real butter over margarine. However I wasn't really prepared for this cook as my BIL is passing away and I'm working long mixed up hours to boot. That said when I realized that I left the butter at home the only thing in driving distance was a gas station. Luckily they had margarine. It worked out well though. But again I do prefer real butter when available. 

Ah...that makes sense. I agree.

Sorry to hear about your BIL. I hope your sister is staying strong during this trying time.
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • SGH
    Options
    @cazzy‌- Thanks for the kind words man. It's my wife's brother that is passing.

Status- Standing by.

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    @SGH I'm sorry about your BIL. Prayed for him & your family.
    Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    @SGH I'm sorry about your BIL. Prayed for him & your family.
    Thank you brother Fred.

Status- Standing by.