Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A BGE forum fan asked a favor.

Options
SGH
SGH Posts: 28,791
As most of you know, my holidays were cut short and I'm back at work. However on the bright side one of the guys I met that works for the barge company happens to be a BGE owner and a avid forum reader. (Not a member though). Once I found out that he read the forum, I introduced myself as SGH. His response was no fu€€ing way. I whipped out the iphone and showed him pics of my units to assure him that I really was SGH on the BGE forum. As such he asked if I would bring Unit #6 to work and cook a wild hog and a deer that he killed on his vacation. My response was absolutely I would. The very next day he brought the semi processed carcasses to work. I brought them home to cut up and farther process. Tomorrow I will be heading to work with Unit #6 in tow. It's not every day that you get to BBQ at work. I thought that it was real cool that a big wig from Texas who has read my posts on the forum asked me to cook at work. Just goes to show that there are BGE owners and readers of the forum everywhere. I will post the cook in its entirty tomorrow if all goes well.
imageimage

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

Comments

• johnkitchens
    Options
    You are famous! 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    Cool story. Lots of egg owners where I work. No idea if any of them are on here though.
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I recently went on a Christmas tour of homes in a tiny community nearby. The main attraction was a 23,000 square foot house. This thing was B-I-G huge. 

When I went in the backyard I saw an Egg. I told my wife before we got there I knew there would be at least one egg. I don't think this guy is on the forum though. He sold his company a few years ago for 220 million. 

Not a bad payday for a local guy. 

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Very cool @SGH.
    Options
    Until you start getting panties thrown at you, you're just another poster ( henapple's don't count).
    I will always be a regular poster. I couldn't get hit with panties in a panty factory. : (

• SGH
    Options
    Until you start getting panties thrown at you, you're just another poster ( henapple's don't count).
    When I was young and muscled up, I had few pair threw my way. Now I'm just a old has been :(

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Watch out you don't get depends thrown at you.
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    That's about all I would get now!! Old age does that to you though.

Status- Standing by.

• johnkitchens
    Options
    Tjcoley said:
    That was great! 

• UrbanForestTurnings
    Options
    Funny poop biggreenpharmacist.
  • SGH
    Options
    Fellows please don't misunderstand my wording above. I was stating that he was a huge fan of the forum in general. Not of me. But he really did think that I was joking about being SGH.

Status- Standing by.

• TN2TX
    TN2TX Posts: 298
    Options
    @SGH pressure is on now. I'm sure you'll knock it out of the park. 
    Dallas, TX
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,540
    Options
    Great story! Looking forward to your cook pics.
    canuckland
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    That's pretty cool SGH.
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • johnkitchens
    Options
    I understood @SGH, but anyone that reads this forum even occasionally has heard of you. That is a good thing! 

He should join the forum. It was really nice of him to ask you to cook. Your reputation for awesome cooks is paying off! 

Hell I would ask you to cook for my company if you were closer!  

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    edited December 2014
    Options
    SGH said:
    Fellows please don't misunderstand my wording above. I was stating that he was a huge fan of the forum in general. Not of me. But he really did think that I was joking about being SGH.
    Is that because your famous, or infamous? Real cool story though. And very cool of you as well.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • theyolksonyou
    Options
    SGH said:
    Tjcoley said:
    That's about all I would get now!! Old age does that to you though.

if they're unused, you might want to start a stockpile for a few years from now. You did hit that half century mark...
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:

If you're gonna lob me one like that, I'm gonna knock it out of the park. But you know that.

Little Rock, AR

• jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    So when you told your boss you were @SGH you whipped out your iPhone and showed him pictures of your unit. In most cases, that would get you fired ! Good luck tomorrow!
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    @SGH‌ do you work for SE or just a fan of their sticker, haha?
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    jhl192 said:
    So when you told your boss you were @SGH you whipped out your iPhone and showed him pictures of your unit. In most cases, that would get you fired ! Good luck tomorrow!

Dammit!  I was just thinking the same thing!  Good luck with the cook!

Flint, Michigan
  • SGH
    Options
    jhl192 said:
    I'm the QA/QM manager over all welding and NDE. I have a camera, computer and drive in pass. I don't know how to say it without out sounding crappy, but I'm a pretty big wig myself. I can whip out just about anything and get away with it ;)

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    maso said:
    I actually work back and forth between Exxon/Mobil and EMAS. Exxon/Mobil is the owner user of the equipment and EMAS is the subsea installer.

Status- Standing by.

• maso
    maso Posts: 240
    Options
    SGH said:
    maso said:
    I actually work back and forth between Exxon/Mobil and EMAS. Exxon/Mobil is the owner user of the equipment and EMAS is the subsea installer.

Ah, we use quite a few Square D products at work. I figured if you had a Square D Yeti, you might be associated with them. That sounds like a busy job!
    Large BGE in Moore, OK
  • SGH
    Options
    You are famous! 
    In this case, infamous may be the more appropriate nomenclature.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    maso said:
    SGH said:
    maso said:

Ah, we use quite a few Square D products at work. I figured if you had a Square D Yeti, you might be associated with them. That sounds like a busy job!
    All kind of parts manufactures and oilfield service vendors give out stuff with their logo on it as free advertisement to their business. Exxon/Mobil has more than likely spent a small fortune on Square D products. Nonetheless I enjoy the free coolers and flashlights!!

Status- Standing by.

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    Way cool Scottie.  Especially since it sounds like he already knew the details of unit #6 enough to know what it would cook.  Serendipity is the correct word for what happened ... I think.

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    What a very small world we all live in. Awesome story Scotty! Very cool brotha!!!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL