Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Gas is only a $1.00 to high now

Options
2»

Comments

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    @Eggcelsior‌ I knew what you meant hahah
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• Jeepster47
    Jeepster47 Posts: 3,827
    Options
    One of my kiting friends posted this this morning.  If you happen t be passing through Fort Collins, CO, this morning, it might be of interest to you:

Just like olden days there is a gas price war at the corner of Mulberry and Riverside. $1.68 and $1.72 . May the battle go on!

Washington, IL  >  Queen Creek, AZ ... Two large eggs and an adopted Mini Max

• BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    It used to take me about $95 to fill up my work truck, it was barely over $60 this week.
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    Diesel was $4 something in NorCal today.

Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • ekuapa
    ekuapa Posts: 128
    Options
    Might be cheating... is actually $1.99 - $0.03 off from Kroger's card here is Southaven, MS
    Southaven, MS.
    BGE L
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    $2.32 at local Costco.
    Very low for here.

L-)
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • travisstrick
    Options
    $1.79 here in central Texas today.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    Botch said:
    I got my first motorcycle in 2007, when I for the first time paid over $50 for a tank of gas.

Today I filled my truck for less than $50 for the first time since!
    I'm keeping the motorcycles, however.  
    I got my first motorcycle in 1975, used to pull into a gas station with a quarter in my pocket and that would get me a 1/2 gallon of gas good for about 50 miles around town on a little CB175, If I had a buck, I could fill er up.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.

• gmac
    gmac Posts: 1,814
    Options
    But we are an oil exporter. How can that be?
    Because we let it happen.  
    Mt Elgin Ontario - just a Large.
  • DieselkW
    DieselkW Posts: 894
    Options
    Western Indianapolis reporting on Gas Buddy $1.77/gallon regular unleaded.

Indianapolis, IN

BBQ is a celebration of culture in America. It is the closest thing we have to the wines and cheeses of Europe. 

Drive a few hundred miles in any direction, and the experience changes dramatically. 

• piney
    piney Posts: 1,478
    Options
    I just filled with Diesel @2.99 unleaded is @2.23 lowest it has been in a couple years...but, it WILL return!
    Lenoir, N.C.
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Sure is nice, from an old retired fart's perspective, $1.09/l in BC. Bought $20 in BC for the first time in 2 years, could have paid about $0.80/l CDN by driving to the states. Not so sure about the benefit to Canada - net negative I think. The oil patch activity is shutting down now, bad for the tar sands and Alberta economy, great for the tree huggers who rightfully or wrongly seem to have identified the tar sands as the dirtiest oil on the planet. 
    Fracking is also taking a shot, to some who depend on it, it is like getting a lump of coal in the Xmas stocking, to others who worry about ground water contamination it is like winning the lottery. Saudis are reclaiming market share at the expense of North American producers, but it is sure a kick in the ass to Putin. 
    Still for the average guy, not in the oil industry, it does feel good!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • HawkeyeEgghead
    Options
    $1.99 at the Costco in Iowa city Iowa tonight.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    $3.09 in Seattle yesterday, for premium.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Screw the oil producers, I can't believe anyone has sympathy for them.  Cheap gas is putting money in everyone's pocket in time for Christmas.  Makes up for flat earnings for the 98%.
    Options
    $1.99 at the Costco in Iowa city Iowa tonight.
    How I yearned for a Costco in IC when we lived there (2006-2009). We used to drive to Des Moines to get our fix.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Screw the oil producers, I can't believe anyone has sympathy for them.  Cheap gas is putting money in everyone's pocket in time for Christmas.  Makes up for flat earnings for the 98%.
    Don't know about sympathy, but apparently the Saudis are lowering the price of oil to drive frackers (i.e. North American oil production) out of business. Prices will climb back up again fo sho. But yes, I admit,  the reprieve on gas prices does feel good for the moment

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    $1.70 here in little old Chadron Nebraska. I think it's the cheapest in the nation.
  • tyenic1
    tyenic1 Posts: 150
    Options
    $2.80 for Diesel.
  • Zmokin
    Zmokin Posts: 1,938
    Options
    I seriously doubt the oil producers are hurting.  Price of crude is down and it's been awhile since refineries have had a major problem.  so the savings get passed down to us consumers through multiple paths.  We save on gas.  Shipping saves on fuel expense as well so consumer goods and groceries get cheaper or at least stop increasing in price.  I know it won't last, but enjoy it while we can.
    Large BGE in a Sole' Gourmet Table
    Using the Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter,
     and a BBQ Guru temp controller.

Medium BGE in custom modified off-road nest.
    Black Cast Iron grill, Plate Setter, and a Party-Q temp controller.