Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just got the call

Options
@dmw @nolaegghead‌ @wayne6 @Eruption‌ about 20 min ago the ace hardware I had the KJ JR. delivered to called to say it had arrived. The status still shows pending on aces website. Kicker is I won't be able to get to the store till Sunday to pick it up.

Comments

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    I just got all tingly inside. I'm hoping I get the same call today, as I would have a use for it on Sunday.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Sweet! I hadn't heard anything yet. I'm sad.
    Options
    You guys are going to love your little cooker. I am enjoying mine. Saving was the best part. 
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Eruption
    Options
    Picked mine up today!
    LBGE, Joe Jr., Weber 22.5 gold, 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Same color as mine
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited December 2014
    Options

You have one on the way?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    And what is this JOE Jr. that yall speak of?

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• DMW
    Options
    No call here yet... Hopefully next week.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    @SGH.....its a comparable size grill with al the same features for about 2/3 the price and all the accessories with it.... warranty customer service is exceptional and it comes in two color choices...  B-)
    Beaufort, SC
  • SGH
    Options

@SGH.....its a comparable size grill with al the same features for about 2/3 the price and all the accessories with it.... warranty customer service is exceptional and it comes in two color choices...  B-)

I was just being humorous my friend. I have had one since June. If you remember, I caught a lot of heat for saying that BGE was losing a great deal of market share by not having nothing to compete with the Jr directly. I must have been at least partially correct. Hence the mini max.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    Don't know what they cost now, but mine was 350 dollars back in June.

Status- Standing by.

• plumbfir01
    Options
    oh yeah i was just begin a smart ass... lol 
    i bought one back in march and have not looked back. I paid 350 as well but all said and done was 310. I would buy it again for 400. I had some initial bumps with customer service but meghan has been exceptional with warranty issue. i replaced a firebox after it split with just emailing a pic. i think it was my fault but they still took care of it. 

the mini max has lost tons of people from dragging out the launch i think
    Beaufort, SC
  • SGH
    Options
    All Yall should be ashamed of yourselves for buying those. What am I to think ;)

Status- Standing by.

• nolaegghead
    Options
    SGH said:
    You have one on the way?
    Yep, I ordered a red one.  Waiting to pick it up. 
    Options
    SGH said:
    Don't know what they cost now, but mine was 350 dollars back in June.
    Yep, I paid $351 with tax.
    Options
    Yep, I paid $351 with tax.
    Good deal brother. You will like the little Jr. 

Status- Standing by.

• freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    $350 is a great deal, one was $400 at a dealer demo, can't complain though
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    Try their charcoal.
  • freddyj
    freddyj Posts: 129
    Options
    BYS1981 said:
    Try their charcoal.

Brown bag is killer but there's nothing like the red. The chunks are big and very dense.
    Kamado Joe Big Joe, Classic & Junior
  • GATABITES
    Options
    I have a bag of red and is it slow to come to temp. But it is dense as hell though. It would be good for low and slow.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • GATABITES
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I heard about the brown bag. I have to try it.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • plumbfir01
    Options
    I think we have touched on it in the past but it was said they use same supplier as Rockwood..... not sure though.. 
    Beaufort, SC
  • BYS1981
    BYS1981 Posts: 2,533
    Options
    freddyj said:

BYS1981 said:

Try their charcoal.

Brown bag is killer but there's nothing like the red. The chunks are big and very dense.

I only have access to the red bag, it's awesome.
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    Just picker her up. On the way home, hope to cook on it tonight. image
  • Firemanyz
    Options
    @dmw @nolaegghead‌ @wayne6 @Eruption‌ It appears the thread has been shot down again but I just unpacked the joe and I have to say I think I'm going to be happy with it. Let me know what you all think when your arrives.
  • DMW
    Options
    Yeah, I get the thread sinking, it's really word of mouth advertising for a direct competitor. 
    Congrats on getting yours already, the status on mine still shows as "Located in Stock".
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    I just got the call! Now to figure out when I can pick it up...

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• DMW
    Options
    My 2:00 was moved to 4:30. Gave me time to go get it.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

• nolaegghead
    Options
    @DMW‌ @Firemanyz‌

Got it today. Dropped it off at our Alaskan friends house. Letting them use it until their tour is up (army). I stopped by later and they had it fired up and were throwing on brats.

I was really impressed with the whole package. The ceramic was different, the stand is a little wanky, but everything else very nice. Wish it had a spark screen. The "woo", stone, tools and flip grate are all stuff you'd have to buy extra w/the BGE. So, what a bargain!
    Options
    @nolaegghead
    I agree, the included accessories are pretty sweet, especially for a first time buyer/user.
    I think I might pickup some screening material (I need to re-screen some windows at home anyway) and cut a piece to size. Even if it doesn't have a frame I can slide it in the track if I'm using it near anything combustible.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA