Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

semi OT kamado rocket

Options
Anyone have any experiences with these? I was in a BBQ shop in Vegas picking up a digiqII and saw them. They look great and also have some pretty sweet features. Might look at one for a companion for my lg bge
Large BGE
BBQ Guru DigiQ II

Martensville, Saskatchewan Canada

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have never saw one in person. But they sure look nice on the web. How was the build quality and price?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• bigalsworth
    Options
    They were pricy but they had a lot of stuff included that the bge doesn't. I think the large one they had in the store was 3+ grand. The fact that it has propane as well really interests me. I was told that it is their own brand that they build, it is thicker than the bge and also comes with a limited lifetime warranty.

They looked very well built, I think the lids need those pistons on there to even lift the damn thing.

He also told me that they can custom make any of their accessories for the bge and have done so before.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• SGH
    Options
    Brother they sure look nice. But they are pricy for sure. If money is not a concern, I say go for it. But that said, 3 grand will almost get you this. Just something to consider.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Brother they sure look nice. But they are pricy for sure. If money is not a concern, I say go for it. But that said, 3 grand will almost get you this. Just something to consider.

Status- Standing by.

• bigalsworth
    Options
    @sgh 3 grand won't get me that and the acreage I would need to park it on! But I do see your point.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• dlk7
    dlk7 Posts: 1,053
    Options
    They are cool looking but the one with the grate size of an XL weighs 750 pounds.  I wouldn't want to move that bad boy.

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• Hungry Joe
    Hungry Joe Posts: 1,567
    Options

They have a forum.

http://kamado.com/forum/

Good luck getting support and parts if you need them.

Here are some horror stories from the guys who used to own the company.

http://www.kamadofraudforum.org/ 

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Richard Johnson is not a well-liked man these days.

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• bigalsworth
    Options
    was richard the old owner?  There is definitely not a lot of buzz on the internet for these things, and what is there is several years old and not good.
    Large BGE
    BBQ Guru DigiQ II

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    Yes, Richard Johnson was the previous owner. He has another company and website:

www.kamadocompany.com

Note the absence of any type of forum.

Caveat emptor...

"You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose