Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Options
Hello everyone, my name is Alex and I'm a new BGE owner here. Received a BGE extra large this weekend. Looking forward to learning some tips and tricks, recipes and share my experiences.

Comments

• SoCalTim
    SoCalTim Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Hey Alex ... Welcome! If your looking for 'tips & tricks' this is the place. Don't know if you have any experience on the egg .. I didn't when I first got mine. Had mine a year now - for me the learning curve has been about 9 months. I feel pretty comfortable now. The more you use the egg obviously the better you will get. Tim 
    I've slow smoked and eaten so much pork, I'm legally recognized as being part swine - Chatsworth Ca.
  • berndcrisp
    berndcrisp Posts: 1,166
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Welcome Alex!

By using the 'search' feature, you will find everything you will need to know.
    Hood Stars, Wrist Crowns and Obsession Dobs!

• theyolksonyou
    Options
    Welcome to the zoo. This is the best place to learn and get some great ideas/recipes. If you have a question, you'll get an answer 24/7.

very important lesson, remember to burp the egg

lesson 2 embrace heavy duty aluminum foil and all it's wonderful uses.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,572
    Options
    Welcome aboard Alex.  All good info above, but no one mentioned camera?
    canuckland
  • theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,459
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Welcome to the zoo. This is the best place to learn and get some great ideas/recipes. If you have a question, you'll get an answer 24/7.

very important lesson, remember to burp the egg

lesson 2 embrace heavy duty aluminum foil and all it's wonderful uses.

sorry, 1a after the safety lesson is "pics or it didn't happen"

there ya go @Canugghead‌
  • Skiddymarker
    Options
    Welcome to the asylum. Don't forget to search for Eggheads Everywhere and give your postal code to our resident co-ordinator - great to see where everyone is. Many of us add info to our signature line. Again, Welcome!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    Welcome
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Welcome Alex! USMC?
    Flint, Michigan
  • DoctorMojo
    Options
    Welcome, Alex!!!

Southern, Tennessee

LBGE, MBGE  

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Welcome
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • Grillin_beers
    Options
    My name is Alex as well. Welcome to the cult.
    1 large BGE, Spartanburg SC

My dog thinks I'm a grilling god. 
  • TigerTony
    TigerTony Posts: 1,078
    Options

Welcome Alex!

By using the 'search' feature, you will find everything you will need to know.
    Not sure about that. The search engine here has not been good to me. But maybe it's just me.
    "I'm stupidest when I try to be funny" 
    New Orleans

• jcaspary
    jcaspary Posts: 1,479
    Options
    Welcome aboard, there is a ton of good people here with terrific ideas.
    XL BGE, LG BGE, and a hunger to grill everything in sight!!!
    Joe- Strongsville, OH
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    Welcome to the eggdiction Alex !!

Yep, great folks...more info than you'll ever use here !!!!  Sift through it with care....

You'll quickly learn who the eggsperienced eggheads are ( egghead is an earned title ).

Some pretty comical threads go on around here, too !!  You'll see !!

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Glad to have you and congradulations on the new egg.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    Welcome, Alex to the Eggdiction. There are a lot of great people on here that are her here to help.
    XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • marineforce10
    Options

Welcome Alex! USMC?

Yes, back in the day.
  • tcracing
    tcracing Posts: 378
    Options
    Welcome.
    George Foreman? Who? 
    Tim C. Panama City, Fl. 
    Large, Minimax-soon
  • Monty77
    Monty77 Posts: 667
    Options
    Congrats on becoming an Egghead, looking forward to seeing some posts!  
    Large BGE 2011, XL BGE 2015, Mini Max 2015, and member of the "North of the Border Smokin Squad" Canadian Outdoor Chef from London, Ontario, Canada

https://www.flickr.com/photos/monty77/

• grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Looking forward to some cooks as well. Welcome
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• marineforce10
    Options
    grege345 said:

Looking forward to some cooks as well. Welcome

Thanks and good luck to your team tonight.
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    I have to switch my avatar. They are dead to me until draft day. Lol. @marineforce10‌ where do you reside?
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,481
    Options
    @marineforce10-always remember, "The best marine is a submarine!"  Good thing I'm not within the same zip code as you or I could be in trouble :)>-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Welcome Alex! USMC?

Yes, back in the day.
    Welcome sir! Thank you for your service to our country!
    Flint, Michigan
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Welcome to the sickness Alex! \m/
    Disturbed - Down With The Sickness [Music Video]: http://youtu.be/09LTT0xwdfw
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • marineforce10
    Options
    grege345 said:

I have to switch my avatar. They are dead to me until draft day. Lol. @marineforce10‌ where do you reside?

Maryland.
  • Ladeback69
    Ladeback69 Posts: 4,482
    Options
    grege345 said:

I already changed my avatar. Chiefs have looked really bad in the last 2 weeks.

XL, WSM, Coleman Road Trip Gas Grill

Kansas City, Mo.
  • abpgwolf
    abpgwolf Posts: 559
    Options
    Welcome Alex! I have an XL BGE and have had it for about 2 1/2 years. This site (and the sites mentioned above) have been a great source of support, help, information and entertainment. If you have a question, want a recipe, need help, just ask - there is always someone willing to help.  If you don't have an instant read thermometer, buy one ASAP! Learning to cook to temp rather than time has improved my results more than anything. Don't hesitate to try new techniques and recipes. Have fun with the new egg!

Lititz, PA – XL BGE

• bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

Welcome to the forum. Use the search function and you will find answers to most questions.

Also, there are a bunch of guys that will help you out with questions. Start cooking and you wil learn a lot...

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI