Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

KCBS Day pass to Restaurant Depot

Options
Thinking about joining the KCBS to get the day pass as there is a depot near me. How does that work? It is a one time trip or can you go as often as you like? 
Thanks for the info.
Chuck
Suwanee, GA

Comments

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think as long as your have your kcbs membership the day passes are limitless.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    You can go as often as you like. I signed up with KCBS a few months ago. Each time I go to my RD I show the girl my KCBS card and get a day pass. I have gone more than once in one week before and no issues. Well worth the price in my opinion.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    I agree, you will get confused why you went it the meat freezer. The choices are plentiful.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    May I ask what a kcbs membership costs? I would love access to a Restaurant depot!
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    $35 per year for individual or $50 for family.

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Smokinpig
    Options
    I think iI paid 35 dollars for the year. I imagine I will save more than that shopping there. Last week I bought 18 pounds of pork butt for 32 bucks, I think I pay almost that much for a 9 pound butt from Publix.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• anton
    anton Posts: 1,813
    Options
    @BOWHUNR, pppfff, that's nothing! Money well spent, thank you!
    :)>- :-bd
     Using a MBGE,woo/w stone,livin' in  Hayward California," The Heart Of The Bay "
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    If you like BBQ, a KCBS membership is more than just RD access. I really enjoy the Bullsheet.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • outrageous
    Options
    Any business license will get you a years pass at rest. Depot for free!!  All you have to show them is a business license of any business. Just take them license, and they give you 2 memberships cards!  

Large egg and mini max egg plus a Blackstone griddle

South Ga. cooking fool !!!!!!!!

• nolan8v
    nolan8v Posts: 400
    Options
    This is good news to me. I'm signing up today.

Once again, this is an invaluable forum.

Thanks!
    "You can live in any city in America, but New Orleans is the only city that lives in you."
    Chris Rose 

• J_Que
    J_Que Posts: 223
    Options
    I've been a kcbs member and judge for many years now. It's a great org to belong to. I've met many talented cooks and gained much incite into bbq cooking. I would highly recommend.
    I know all the rules, but the rules do not know me.

Small, Medium, 2 Large, XL ,Stumps XL Stretch, Workhorse 1975
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Kind of ironic. Me and @nolaegghead had this very discussion last night about KCBS & Restaraunt Depot.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ChuckR
    ChuckR Posts: 248
    Options
    Thanks for all of the help guys. I will be signing up in the next few days. 

Suwanee, GA
  • SGH
    Options
    ChuckR said:
    Thanks for all of the help guys. I will be signing up in the next few days. 

It's a great organization that is dedicated to what we love. BBQ. I highly recommend joining. The ability to shop at Restaraunt Depot alone is worth the 35 bucks.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• UncleFred
    Options
    "Learn at least one new thing every day" 

Today I've learned at least two. I'd never heard of KCBS or Restaurant Depot.

Now I've submitted my app to join one and identified the (2) locations for the other here in San Diego (and can't wait to get my card so I can check them out.

Thanks y'all
    San Diego, CA - Where I've mastered Curmudgeon..working on Recluse.
  • SGH
    Options
    UncleFred said:

Now I've submitted my app to join one and identified the (2) locations for the other here in San Diego (and can't wait to get my card so I can check them out.

Thanks y'all

If you have never been in a Restaraunt Depot, prepare to be amazed my friend. Cases and cases of meat!!

Status- Standing by.

• UncleFred
    Options
    SGH said:
    If you have never been in a Restaraunt Depot, prepare to be amazed my friend. Cases and cases of meat!!
    It will be interesting to see if Restaurant Depot is that much different from something we have here on the west coast called Costco Business Centers.

Costco Business Centers are a remarkable change from the regular stores. They don't have clothes, DVDs, books or any of the normal stuff, but they do have a virtually endless supply of Restaurant Goods and Foods. Takeout containers, individual flavors of chips in vending machine sizes, cuts of meat you won't find in the regular stores, alternatives to the regular grocery items found at a typical Costco -- all are here.They are open to all Costco members and the prices are the same. They have extended hours but are closed on Sunday.

We go there often, 'specially when we know we'll need bigger cuts than the regular Costco's carry.
    ...and they sell 40 lb. bags of lump mesquite for $12
  • SGH
    edited December 2014
    Options
    @UncleFred‌- I have only been in the regular Costcos so I can't make a honest comparison. However I can say that Restaraunt Depot is beyond amazing. They have such a selection that I have to watch myself real close or I will drop a couple of grand easily. You can buy brisket by the case or by the pallet. Oysters by the sack or truck. I could type all night on what they have. It's well worth the 35 bucks to join the KCBS to get to shop there. I would honestly pay as high as a hundred bucks a year for the privilege. If quality, bulk and volume is what you are looking for, Restaraunt Depot has it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• UncleFred
    Options
    SGH said:
    I have only been in the regular Costcos so I can't make a honest comparison. However I can say that Restaraunt Depot is beyond amazing....
    Well I should have my card waiting in the mail when we get back from N.O., so I'll go check them out and do a post here on how they compare/contrast.
    I do see that one of the Restaurant Depots is within blocks of two of my favorite micro breweries (Alesmith and Green Flash) so it could be a really interesting trip... wanna join me?
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Awesome. I've put a KCBS membership on my Christmas wish list and found RD near me. I want a sack of oysters!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • SGH
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    SGH said:
    I have only been in the regular Costcos so I can't make a honest comparison. However I can say that Restaraunt Depot is beyond amazing....
    Well I should have my card waiting in the mail when we get back from N.O., so I'll go check them out and do a post here on how they compare/contrast.
    I do see that one of the Restaurant Depots is within blocks of two of my favorite micro breweries (Alesmith and Green Flash) so it could be a really interesting trip... wanna join me?

Would love to my friend. If I'm reading your signature correctly you are in California correct? I'm on the MS gulf coast.

Status- Standing by.

• UncleFred
    Options
    SGH said:
    Would love to my friend. If I'm reading your signature correctly you are in California correct? I'm on the MS gulf coast.
    I have only two words for you...  Southwest... Airlines...
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    ....and for those of us that still use RO you will find it at restaurant depot for about 10 bucks for an 18 lb bag.  The stores by me always have plenty and finding uncrushed bags is worth the price of the membership alone.  
    Long Island, NY
  • SGH
    Options
    UncleFred said:
    SGH said:
    I have only two words for you...  Southwest... Airlines...

Wish that I could brother. It's ashame I wasn't on the forum years ago. Could have met many of Yall as I use to travel a lot. Use to work in your neck of the woods a good bit. Chevron-El Segundo, Chevron-Richmond, Mobile-Torrence, Unical-Williminton and Carson.

Status- Standing by.

• Smokinpig
    Options
    I live a mile away from a RD. I often find myself there for no reason at all, it is dangerous.

LBGE Atlanta, GA

• DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Smokinpig said:
    I live a mile away from a RD. I often find myself there for no reason at all, it is dangerous.
    Wow, I would be in trouble. My closest RD is an hour drive away. I do happen to keep a cooler in my trunk at all times. If I happen to be near a RD with a few extra minutes, I pull in.

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • SGH
    Options
    DMW said:
    Smokinpig said:
    Wow, I would be in trouble. My closest RD is an hour drive away. I do happen to keep a cooler in my trunk at all times. If I happen to be near a RD with a few extra minutes, I pull in.

Pull in ther brother. It's well worth it I assure you.

Status- Standing by.

• kdink
    kdink Posts: 336
    Options

SGH said:
    UncleFred said:

Thanks y'all

I went today for first time based on this thread.  Used my business name, even unrelated they let me join.  Signed up online and walked up and off I went!

I am still in shock!  Why had I never gone? Will go again often!!!!!!!
    2 Xl's, MM and Forno Bello
    Pizza Oven in Bergen County, NJ
  • yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Well, I'm a KCBS member now. I didn't realize there was one closer to me than in Tampa....I'll be there shortly.
    Dunedin, FL
  • SGH
    Options
    @kdink‌- Impressive isn't it? I can really spend some money there if I'm not real careful :>

Status- Standing by.