Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3 cooks - wings, duck, pizza

Options
Friday night, some wings, and a delivery pizza.  man i love wings!  broke them down, then tossed with some homemade rub.  direct raised 400.  a few got charred.  poor little guys didn't know what hit them.  half sauced with SBR, half with carolina mustard BBQ.

Last night was duck.  Wife was a little sad I didn't participate in the steak throwdown but my 4 year old thought a duck would be cool.  I've never cooked one.  I cut away the extra skin, and scored the skin, gave it a coat of kosher salt and roasted until IT 165.  The fat under the skin by the thighs and legs rendered off, but not the fat under the breast skin.  Served with a orange glaze, asparagus on the egg, and potatoes.  The potatoes were boiled in salt water then roasted with butter, baby onions, garlic and herbs.

Cast iron pizza is for lunch today, pics to follow.  thanks for looking

imageimageimageimage
Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle

Comments