Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

8 butts, 2 eggs, 2 different setups. Pulled Pork for 200...

Options
13»

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @The_Cen Tex-I have followed this thread from the get-go.  Most impressed with your and TFJ's talents to pull this off.  Congrats on powering thru the challenges but I would be most upset (forum lingo) with the no-shows.  Sign of the times?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    lousubcap said:

@The_Cen Tex-I have followed this thread from the get-go.  Most impressed with your and TFJ's talents to pull this off.  Congrats on powering thru the challenges but I would be most upset (forum lingo) with the no-shows.  Sign of the times?

Well...I think they didn't get paid but that's a different story. It was a hectic to say the least. Several things ended up falling apart at the last minute and we were apparently ground zero for that. If we didn't have the experience of being in the weeds at the restaurant a few years back there would have been no food.we worked 14 hours straight and missed the entire wedding. We were supposed to have 4 people to prep and serve while we directed and attended the ceremony. Instead, it was just us so we did the work of 6. The outside help bailed too so we had to pick up the slack there. I don't think my niece really noticed which is all I really care about but it was a high-wire act from start to finish. They ran out of beer before the wedding started if that tells you anything...
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    dang dude,  time to load up that fancy cooler with a very large cold one.......lol

great job.

t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,396
    Options
    @Cen_Tex-Did not realize the depth of shorthandedness you were dealing with.  Clearly a staffing and provisions planning debacle.  You can't run out of beer especially before the wedding.  Way to come thru in the clutch!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Truly bad ass effort and results.  Well done!
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    I just hope the chef brought a secret stash- wouldn't do to run out of booze when your working that hard
    Greensboro, NC
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    Damn man. Next time call a brother. At the least I can drink lots of expensive whiskey and watch the egg.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    Wow, if I had known (and was closer) I would have helped. Sounds like you pulled through, great work.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    DMW said:

Wow, if I had known (and was closer) I would have helped. Sounds like you pulled through, great work.

If i would have known I would have no showed too :)).
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

I just hope the chef brought a secret stash- wouldn't do to run out of booze when your working that hard

You know I did but I didn't have time for a sip. We had a beer around 8:30 and then took a shower. Had a few bourbons after that but was pretty wiped out by then. Although, one of the young guns wanted to drink bourbon with me and ended up puking all over the house next door (his girlfriends moms lake house) . Not a good idea to poke the viper when he's angry.
  • EggObsessed
    Options
    Any time you want/need to enlist some help from Bruce and myself, we are right down the road.  We love doing that kind of thing.  It's exhausting, but so rewarding.  Y'all blew all of us other Eggers out of the water with the way you pulled that off!  Congrats!  Now....rest up and drink up!!
    Kelley 
    Egging with No Joke Smoke (Bruce), enjoying small town life in Brenham, TX., the home of Blue Bell Ice Cream.  BGEs: XL, Medium,  1 MiniMax. 36" CookRite Commercial Griddle, and a Shirley Smoker.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Any time you want/need to enlist some help from Bruce and myself, we are right down the road.  We love doing that kind of thing.  It's exhausting, but so rewarding.  Y'all blew all of us other Eggers out of the water with the way you pulled that off!  Congrats!  Now....rest up and drink up!!

That would have been a life saver. It was nice to pull it off but it was way hectic.
  • lakewade
    lakewade Posts: 385
    Options
    They ran out of beer before the wedding started if that tells you anything...
    And they still got married?  How?

Way to pull through on this.  You'll get mileage out of this story at every family event until the end of time.  

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited October 2014
    Options
    lakewade said:

lousubcap said:

They ran out of beer before the wedding started if that tells you anything...

And they still got married?  How?

Way to pull through on this.  You'll get mileage out of this story at every family event until the end of time.  

No lie! Talk about a bad sign.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Just do a whole hog next time. =))image
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • cazzy
    edited October 2014
    Options
    I wonder when we'll see @henapple in a motel room with this guy (^^^^^) wrapped around his neck.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Ummm...motorboat.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    Options
    henapple said:

Ummm...motorboat.

=))
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    henapple said:
    Ummm...motorboat.
    Think again!

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    If it quacks like a duck.... imageimage We Are almost packed up and headed to the event. This has been an insane amount of cooking for 2 people. Was fun but not something I would want to do often. If you guys eat out tonight, hug a chef. Go ahead, I said it....give em a great big hug (as I salute and sing America the beautiful). Anyone name that obscure movie reference?
    Fletch.  It is not obscure in my house.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Foghorn said:

If it quacks like a duck....

imageimage

We Are almost packed up and headed to the event. This has been an insane amount of cooking for 2 people. Was fun but not something I would want to do often. If you guys eat out tonight, hug a chef. Go ahead, I said it....give em a great big hug (as I salute and sing America the beautiful). Anyone name that obscure movie reference?

Fletch.  It is not obscure in my house.

Boom. Brothers from other mothers.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    This went downhill fast. Perfect.