Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

A Special Request From Me (and other newbies)

Options
Ya'll are really posting some awesome pics and topics around your Eggin'. If you wouldn't mind doing me and others here a favor.. could you please post more details about 'how' you cooked your meal. I am personally more interested in what temps, style (indirect/direct), and/or special techniques used more than your recipes (although feel free to add). I have found several topics here that are great but do not include how they cooked it.

I think this will help us new Eggers, like myself, when it comes time for us to tackle new adventures on the Egg.

Is just a request, not a requirement. Thanks!

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    edited September 2014
    Options
    You got it my friend. Tomorrow's cook will have step by step instructions. Stuffed Cornish hen and spare ribs hanging on meat hooks are on tomorrows agenda.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Zarcon Posts: 540
    edited September 2014
    Options
    @SGH - You Rock man! Now, I have to go to bed with the thought of hens and ribs on the mind.. This is gonna be a long night.
  • SGH
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Have a good one brother.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Zarcon
    Options
    @SGH - Same to you my friend.
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Even though the search engine on the forum is lacking, if you go to Google and search 'Big Green Egg xxxxxxxxxx', where xxxxxxxxis the thing you want to cook, you will find a wealth of instructions. For example, search for 'Big Green Egg Baltimore Pit Beef' or 'Big Green Egg apple pie baked in an apple' or 'Big Green Egg Griffins Pineapple upside Down Cake'. Step by step will be there, but if not, ask again here. Most folks on the forum have no issue repeating instructions.
    Options
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited September 2014
    Options
    +1 with what @tjcoley said about asking questions. I've found that fellow egger's are more than willing to give out advice and answer questions. I've asked for help with several things from taking pictures to details on cooks. I've always received great suggestions and feedback.
    I try to post details of my cooks for a couple of reasons.
    1. It's easy for me to look back and see how I did it last time.
    2. When I do look back, I look to see what feedback I got from others so I can apply their techniques if I think it'll improve my cook.
    3. I enjoy idea sharing. 100 brains deciding how to cook something is way smarter than a single brain doing what he/she thinks is right.

Also, a great way to get help is to send someone a private message. I occasionally PM someone if I want to ask a question and don't want to hijack the thread or have the thread stray off topic.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    If you're ever interested in any of my cooks, please ask or send a PM.  
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • Bbquru
    Options
    Good point zarcon. That's how we newbies become eggxperts
  • EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options
    I though I was a seasoned pro until I joined this forum.  @SGH cooks and many, many others sometimes just blow my mind.

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• lensegg
    Options
    I have found the people on this forum to be the nicest, most helpful, gracious people, you will ever find. The things I've learned from Travis, Griffin, SGH, Tjcoley, Mickey, and so many more have been invaluable. I love these guys even though I will probably never meet them.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Just Google "naked henapple".
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    I make a genuine attempt at shooting pics from prep to plate and refreshments in between :)). And try my best to describe set up, pit temp and IT temp.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    I got laughed at some for too much detail, but I will fall back into the old habit for a while my friend.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Zarcon
    Options
    Thank ya'll so much.. And for that. I have a present coming your way.. I will give a hint.. Look for the YouTube post..I am about to really embarrass myself
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options

I got laughed at some for too much detail, but I will fall back into the old habit for a while my friend.

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • travisstrick
    Options
    There are many of us who are willing to walk you through stuff over the phone.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • SGH
    Options
    Agree100% ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Status- Standing by.

• cortguitarman
    Options
    Also check out Griffins Grub and Necessary Indulgence's blog
    Mark Annville, PA
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    edited September 2014
    Options
    Here's another great resource in case you haven't already found it:

I try to mentioned the important parts of my cooks, but sometimes forget. If you ever have questions on details, just ask. I know I am more than happy to elaborate if something was missed, and others are as well.
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    Pretty sure @NPHuskerFL‌ runs YouTube from his house. Damn I get a kick out of those animated gifs keep em coming! (And the cooks too those are also awesome)
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    :)) @blind99‌ thanks!
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • grege345
    grege345 Posts: 3,515
    Options
    Don't forget about big green Craig. Who knows you may even win a tshirt
    LBGE& SBGE———————————————•———————– Pennsylvania / poconos

• EGGjlmh
    EGGjlmh Posts: 816
    Options

@NPHuskerFL

Although I do agree with the nice comments about you, I do not agree with you new avatar pic.  You guys stole our quarterback!!!!!!ARRRGGGG

1MBGE 2006, 1LBGE 2010, 1 Mini Max, Fathers Day 2015

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ please post you YouTube channel and anybody else who has one
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    EGGjlmh said:

@NPHuskerFL

Although I do agree with the nice comments about you, I do not agree with you new avatar pic.  You guys stole our quarterback!!!!!!ARRRGGGG

Colts? Bwhahaha. Don't cry he was there 13 yrs too long. :))

LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ please post you YouTube channel and anybody else who has one

I only have a couple of uploaded videos.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • SGH
    Options
    @Zarcon‌
    Let me know how I do on the details on tonight's cook. If I leave anything out just ask my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• blind99
    blind99 Posts: 4,971
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌ you're welcome! but while we are on the subject of quarterbacks, wtf is wrong w jay cutler? Did anyone warn us that besides a cannon for an arm he's got the attitude of a 7 year old who dropped his ice cream?!?!
    Chicago, IL - Large and Small BGE - Weber Gasser and Kettle
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited September 2014
    Options
    blind99 said:

@NPHuskerFL‌ you're welcome! but while we are on the subject of quarterbacks, wtf is wrong w jay cutler? Did anyone warn us that besides a cannon for an arm he's got the attitude of a 7 year old who dropped his ice cream?!?!

He hasn't changed. He sucked when he was a Jag too.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014