Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

just once in a while on the Weber

Options
Decided to breakfast on the grill.Porkchops,eggs,toast and pear preserves.I guess its OK to use the weber every now and then.

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,769
    Options
    I only use my Weber now for my chimney starter.....but grilled breakfast is always good
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Could not agree more. Nice looking way to start the day. 
    When doing burgers on the egg, I often use my Lodge flat top on the Broil King to fry up onions, some how they taste better when done on the Lodge. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • MeTed
    MeTed Posts: 800
    Options
    Before I got my Egg I did a lot of very good cooks on my weber kettle. The breakfast looks great!
    Belleville, Michigan

Just burnin lump in Sumpter
  • tjosborne
    tjosborne Posts: 529
    Options
    Blasphemy!!!
    middle of nowhere- G.I. NE
  • BuckeyeBob
    BuckeyeBob Posts: 673
    Options
    Still use mine for those weeknight cooks where both of my boys are running in different directions and we don't have time to fire up the Egg.  Not very often by the way!!
    Clarendon Hills, IL
  • JethroVA
    JethroVA Posts: 1,251
    Options
    I go weber sometimes usually when I have zero time between work and dinner, coupled with my family of hungry birds circling me with their mouths agape. Hmmm...maybe if I took the time to always have the egg staged and ready for ignition. I usually walk away from the prior cook without doing anything but closing vents. I'm a procrastinator with ADD and rarely complet
    Richmond and Mathews County, VA. Large BGE, Weber gas, little Weber charcoal. Vintage ManGrates. Little reddish portable kamado that shall remain nameless here.  Very Extremely Stable Genius. 
  • bcsnave
    bcsnave Posts: 1,009
    Options

My egg fires up just as fast as any weber I had...never had a gas one...but if you use a chimney starter the lump starts and get to temp just as fast as a weber 

The Dude..a Mini and a Large Egg..a DigiQ DX (BGE Green)..some Cast Iron...a Thermapen.............and an Ol' Fashion

_____________________________________________________________________________

Glenbeulah, WI

• HendersonTRKing
    Options
    Made skirt steak fajitas on the weber Friday night at the beach. Used RO for the cook. Came out fine, but not eggsactly like I've come to eggspect.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • NervousDad
    NervousDad Posts: 307
    Options
    My Weber still gets daily weekday use. I enjoy both and I don't always have time to get the egg going.
    Aurora,OH
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    bcsnave said:

My egg fires up just as fast as any weber I had...never had a gas one...but if you use a chimney starter the lump starts and get to temp just as fast as a weber 

The Weber shown is a gasser I think, they heat pretty quickly, I agree the egg gets going almost as fast as briquettes in the kettle. 
    I found that even after starting the lump in a chimney starter, the egg needs al least 15-30 minutes to get rid of the VOCs if using first burn lump, second burn lump is ready almost immediately. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • tcampbell
    tcampbell Posts: 771
    Options
    bcsnave said:

The Weber shown is a gasser I think, they heat pretty quickly, I agree the egg gets going almost as fast as briquettes in the kettle. 
    I found that even after starting the lump in a chimney starter, the egg needs al least 15-30 minutes to get rid of the VOCs if using first burn lump, second burn lump is ready almost immediately. 

you right it is gas,ready in about 2 minutes.none of my eggs get ready near that fast. I like the eggs alot more but will still cook on Weber from time to time.
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    How dare you....  :-O
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • Mr Holloway
    Mr Holloway Posts: 2,034
    Options

Pork chops for breakfast

Why have I never thought of that :))