Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

For Fellow Heavyweights. Nibblers need not look.

Options

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Average looking!! I have always been referred to as resembling Brad Pitt!! ;)

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Well, I didnt wanna give away your secret.........

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Why I may not actually look near as good as brother Pitt, I bet I can easily out cook and out eat him. No question of it.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I give you, @SGH‌

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    Good one brother!

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm kidding around. SGH is my friend, I'm just giving him the business. He's a nice guy and my little guys thought the world of him. image

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    And brother me and my wife both think the world of those little fellows. They are more than welcome to come here any time. It was a joy playing with them. Reminded me of my grand children. Only yours is much better behaved than mine. Much much better actually.

Status- Standing by.

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words. I work very hard on their manners. If they dont use thank you your welcome yes maam no maam yes sir no sir Im right behind them correcting it for them and I dont let them get away with it at all. Its now automatic with my big one and getting there with the 3 year old. They are sweet kids and I love them dearly. I hope their manners pays off for them. In the least, they will respect others. Thats important to me.

Little Rock, AR

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌ As a teacher, I can tell you those manners will take them far, far in both their education and their lives. Good for you and your wife for setting them up for success.
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    You have done a fine job with those little fellows. They are fine children to say the least. Wait until you meet my grand son. You won't ever want to come back here!!

Status- Standing by.

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    I give you, @SGH‌ image

@SGH I think my NO trip may have to happen sooner rather than later! ;)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    That is just a running joke my friend. I don't look anything like brother Pitt I assure you. But you are more than welcome anytime just the same.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌
    The real SGH 6 years ago. I'm certainly no Brad Pitt though.image

Status- Standing by.

• ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    edited August 2014
    Options

I give you, @SGH‌

No way. Who ever that dude is MUST be over 89. I hear SGH is a spring chicken in comparison.
  • SGH
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌
    I don't know which I enjoy more. Your excellent cooks or your good sense of humor. You are one of my favorites on the forum brother. Keep on keeping on brother chilly!!

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @Biggreenpharmacist‌
    I have won a few eating contests before. Not the timed ones. Just sheer volume. Size does not always coincide with the amount a mammal can consume. I can not eat a huge volume of certain things. Examples- vegetables, grains or fruits. On the other hand I can easily put down 6 dozen oysters before eating a steak and lobster. At the fair every year I usually win the gumbo eating contest or place in the top 5. Last year I ate a quart and a half of gumbo in under 30 minutes. Came in 2nd place. Not to bad considering I wasn't even hungry at the time. Lost to a guy that was well in excess of 300 pounds. Just enjoy cooking and eating my friend. It's what I enjoy.

Status- Standing by.

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Looked fantastic @SGH‌ :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • JRWesco
    JRWesco Posts: 57
    Options
    Looks good, where is this place? @SGH‌
  • BigGreenGator
    Options
    man that looks DELISH!!! excellent work on the oysters..one of our favorite football foods ..can't wait for the season to start :)  

Large Big Green Egg / Ceramic Grill 2 Tier grate / Maverick ET-733 / homemade egg station / Amelia Island Fl. "Go Gators"

• Thatgrimguy
    Thatgrimguy Posts: 4,729
    Options
    Working off shore probably keeps you In Shape. I doubt the food is nearly as good on the rig! But I'll confirm, normal sized man, giant sized appetite
    XL, Small, Mini & Mini Max Green Egg, Shirley Fab Trailer, 6 gal and 2.5 gal Cajun Fryers, BlueStar 60" Range, 48" Lonestar Grillz Santa Maria, Alto Shaam 1200s, Gozney Dome, Gateway 55g Drum
  • KiterTodd
    KiterTodd Posts: 2,466
    Options
    I love oysters and those look awesome!

What did they put on them?   They seem well seasoned but the oyters still stand on their own.  A lot of the broiled oyster versions are heavily covered in cheese/sauce/bacon and while delicious, I think the oyster is hidden in many of them.  A food item so perfect needs to be the highlight.  :)
    LBGE/Maryland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i need to try those chargrilled, for some reason a few years ago i get foodpoisoned after 6 raw ones, it makes no sense to me
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • LBC Dawg
    LBC Dawg Posts: 116
    Options
    Wow, that is all right up my alley. Great cook!!
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    Great cook @sgh as usual.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • SGH
    Options
    @JRWhitee‌ @LBC Dawg
    Brothers I did not cook this. I took a break from cooking last night and treated myself to a meal out at the Half Shell Oyster House in Gulfport MS. But thanks for the kind words just the same.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL‌
    The Half Shell Oyster House in Gulfport Ms. Right at the corner of US 49 and Beach BLVD/US 90.

Status- Standing by.

• mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    How do you rate the food there as I'll be down in a few weeks to lose some money. Miss the Fishermans Wharf
  • SGH
    Options
    The chargrilled oysters are easily a 9.5.
    The redfish smothered with shrimp, crab and cheese is easily a 9.5.
    The Orleans shrimp is easily a 9.5.
    The above are my 3 favorites. It's what I order every time that I go.
    Everything else on the menu is easily a 9. I highly recommend the place. Just a note- I more often than not order 4 dozen chargrilled oysters, the redfish plate and the Orleans shrimp plate for myself. The cost is just shy of 200 bucks. Why do I mention this? If you are a man of large appetite like myself be sure to have plenty if funds on you. The food is par excellent but not cheap.

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    @mslaw‌
    If you make it down please call me. I would love to meet you. I will gladly come eat 10 or 12 dozen oysters with you. My name is Scottie. #228-627-5400. Looking forward to it my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• mslaw
    mslaw Posts: 241
    Options
    I too am a man of large appetite . Larger than my wallet sometimes. Thank you I am saving your info. It would be an honor and privilege to meet a legend and share a table.