Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

warning salado

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Sorry @Mickey. I'll probably be there again. I received by new yearly schedule from a client today and low and behold I'll be in central Texas in march. I keep a large map in the cave with the cities and months marked.

@Fred19Flintstone‌. ..I'll be staying with you next summer.

Of course, OO will probably be delivered.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options
    I have two spare rooms and lots of Evan Williams.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Outstanding! Maybe Steve can shake loose then as well. Lord help me!
    Flint, Michigan
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options

Zoikes!!  Did someone say Evan Williams?! 

Scooby Dooo!!
    Options
    I've floated the concept of me being gone for a weekend next March by SWMBO and it wasn't shot down...
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    Options

Zoikes!!  Did someone say Evan Williams?! 

Scooby Dooo!!
    At the Strickland household, we do the green label. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    You have my house any time except Fest. My daughters family fills those rooms then. Glad it's working out again. Yes I will need some OO please.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    @DMW one of the (few) perks of my job is my ability to have a "convenient customer crisis" around an event I want to attend (or even when I need a few days away, like last weekend in Vegas). Does my wife really know my motives? Yes, but she understands me.
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • TTC
    TTC Posts: 1,035
    Options
    The point of that was to say go, and act like it was really important, she will never know
    XL BGE, Blackstone, Roccbox, Weber Gasser, Brown Water, Cigars --  Gallatin, TN

2001 Mastercraft Maristar 230 VRS

Ikon pass 

Colorado in the winter and the Lake in the Summer
  • Angus1978
    Angus1978 Posts: 390
    Options
    I'm planning on returning as well. Y'all cook good. ;)
    LBGE and Primo XL Plano TX All right all right alllll riight
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887
    Options
    I plan on being there!  Has a solid date been set yet, or should I just block out mid-March?

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Boom goes the dynamite! I can't wait!
  • Mickey
    Options
    SaltySam said:
    I plan on being there!  Has a solid date been set yet, or should I just block out mid-March?

March 14th.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• henapple
    Options
    It's always convenient that your family's in town when I'm in Salado. .. :-?
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Great schedule. Will see you in March. I think there might be a fest going on at that time....something about men in skirts.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    OMG! I just realized that I may have actually BEEN to Salado! (The town, not the Eggfest). Is it within driving distance of Killeen and was there a somewhat fancy restaurant there in 1999?
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Mickey
    Options
    henapple said:
    It's always convenient that your family's in town when I'm in Salado. .. :-?

Your room is always ready 362 days a year buddy.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I sent Mick a pm yesterday about it wanting to book flights etc and didnt get a reply. I thought that meant something.
    :(

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    edited August 2014
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    OMG! I just realized that I may have actually BEEN to Salado! (The town, not the Eggfest). Is it within driving distance of Killeen and was there a somewhat fancy restaurant there in 1999?

Sandy in '99 you would be thinking of the Stagecoach (nationally known). What were you doing in Killeen? Stagecoach is still there but it is not what it used to be IMO (I dill not eat there).

• stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @PNWFoodie‌ was probably stationed at Ft. hood would be my guess.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I sent Mick a pm yesterday about it wanting to book flights etc and didnt get a reply. I thought that meant something.

It does

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• PNWFoodie
    PNWFoodie Posts: 1,046
    Options
    @Mickey‌ That was it! Wow - talk about an old memory! I remember the town being very small and quaint. And maybe a stream????

@stemc33‌ You guessed it. I was at Ft. Hood for a year. Not my favorite place, I must say. But it did make Ft. Bliss look better. ;)
    XL, JR, and more accessories than anyone would ever need near Olympia, WA
    Sandy
  • Mickey
    Options

Buddy I hate this message system. I replied with info to call Will at the Inn as well as my ph numbers and email. Sorry. Send me your email mjrawls@me.com

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    steveanelson@hotmail.com. Ièm still hurt

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:
    @Mickey‌ That was it! Wow - talk about an old memory! I remember the town being very small and quaint. And maybe a stream????

@stemc33‌ You guessed it. I was at Ft. Hood for a year. Not my favorite place, I must say. But it did make Ft. Bliss look better. ;)

In 2000 we moved from Killeen to Salado. I was the GM of the Toyota store in Killeen.

• henapple
    Options
    If stefon is coming I suggest something like this. Another option is to quit drinking. ..you won't have any beer left anyway.
  • Mickey
    Options
    PNWFoodie said:

In 2000 we moved from Killeen to Salado. I was the GM of the Toyota store in Killeen.

• Mickey
    Options
    steveanelson@hotmail.com. Ièm still hurt

Just sent to your home email.

• TUTTLE871
    TUTTLE871 Posts: 1,316
    Options
    There goes the neighborhood.

"Hold my beer and watch this S##T!"

LARGE BGE DALLAS TX.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I have never been to a egg fest. Can you just show up? Do you have to purchase tickets or such? I would also love to cook at one. I'm not great on the egg but I feel I could get by. Can someone explain the routine? I would love to attend and cook if possible. Thanks.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• henapple
    Options
    Salado has a $100 cook entry fee and tasters are free. An homage must be presented to @Mickey upon arrival. 4 xxl eggs will be raffled along with 27 yeti coolers.