Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I hate my Yeti 20 / I love my Yeti's

Options
2»

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    When Darian says to buy. Buy it. The man is a shopping master.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    @Canugghead‌ - buy it. That's a killer deal. If the price drops to $99, return the one you bought and get the cheaper price. Maybe clarify with Costco first whether you would get the price you paid for the cooler ($139), or the in-store price ($99).

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    Options
    @caliking I'm pretty sure that as long as I have the $139 receipt I'll get back $139.  I don't really need it though, may be get a few to flip  :D
    canuckland
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    mount the strap like this to go over your shoulder

but loose straps mean floppy "yeti's"

Boy oh boy - I sure showed my age with that! Guess there aren't any old Lucky Strike cigarette smokers here who remember the ever popular ad of LSMFT which stood for Lucky Strike Means Fine Tobacco...but the ribald explanation of LSMFT meant Loose Straps Meant Floppy Tits! no idea what you were talking about
    :)) :))

only time ive seen lucky strikes was back during the reagan drug wars were they were confiscating everything if they found a pot seed. i was on the canadian boarder coming home and they were taking parts off my truck, hub caps, aircleaner, door panels, and they found a pack of luckystrikes in an old 1940's borrowed fishing vest. they were all shriveled up and they thought they hit gold
    :)) :))  what was interesting back then was that they let us set up a table and chairs and drink brador beers on the border thru the 1.5 hour search
    :D different times
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited August 2014
    Options
    @caliking I'm pretty sure that as long as I have the $139 receipt I'll get back $139.  I don't really need it though, may be get a few to flip  :D
    You don't need your receipt, price paid is tied directly to your membership card so they just look it up on the computer. Yay Costco!
  • Mickey
    Options
    I pulled off the handle. Just came out of intentions. Like it much better this way. I never used the handle anyway. imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    I still think the tooled leather carrier would be awesome.  LOL
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    I still think the tooled leather carrier would be awesome.  LOL
    Agreed. The true Man Purse. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    edited August 2014
    Options
    RRP said:
    Focker said:
    That is a damn good deal.  couldn't pass that up.  

Wish we had Costco. 

Brandon, YOU are the only dude I know who could strap a YETI or a Pelican to the back of his bike and petal 500 miles through Iowa in the Summer just to test the ice keeping warranty claims! You be the man!!!
    I did see a guy rig up a toddler pull behind two wheel cart with a solar powered subwoofer, and two 6x9s mounted into an empty cooler!  It rocked!!  No way could I cart a Pelican!  Was intrigued by the "baggers" who ride self-contained.  When I do RAGBRAI again, it will be self-contained.  I could lose the body weight, add it back and break out even. ;)

Spend $1.16 on a bag of ice for my Pelican 35 qt on camping weekends.  That's it, no ice runs.  Yeah, it's a little watery on Monday, but still has some ice and cold drinks for tear down.  Cram a case of beer, Gatorades, and eggin' food with ice, no problems.  It worked great at it's first fest slingin pies in Sterling, IL.  Makes for a nice big boy chair at times. 

Ron, if there is Costco in Peoria and this cooler is $140, buy it.  
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• tarponfisher
    Options
    Go to West Marine and pick out a size and length of line and a tube of 5200.  Measure the length you want and glue the ends in place. Permanent, no drilling.
    LBGE  Sanibel, FL
  • 714egghead
    714egghead Posts: 111
    Options
    Link doesn’t work 
    XL BGE, Imperial Kamado, brinkman gasser, Taco Cart griddle 
    (Wishlist- BGE M-Max)

Santa Ana, Ca 
  • Cornholio
    Cornholio Posts: 1,047
    Options
    Link doesn’t work 
    Prolly because it’s 4 years old.  ;)

Is the 714 your area code in your name?  
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    @Mickey  I am glad you posted this. I have had my eyes on one as I happen to like the new grey color. I have been pondering the 20 vs the 35....and not to get into a which is the bestest discussion, I am feeling more the love of the 35 based on the handle constraints.  Now the other constraint I see is the lady I have been hitched to for 32 years. It may sit a while on my wish list.

Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • Lit
    Lit Posts: 9,053
    Options
    @Mickey  I am glad you posted this. I have had my eyes on one as I happen to like the new grey color. I have been pondering the 20 vs the 35....and not to get into a which is the bestest discussion, I am feeling more the love of the 35 based on the handle constraints.  Now the other constraint I see is the lady I have been hitched to for 32 years. It may sit a while on my wish list.

I love my 20 even the handle. 
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Lit said:

Thanks....the concern I have is with the capacity. The handle was / is an unforeseen drawback. You are swinging the pendulum the other way now brother Lit.  Appreciate your speaking up. 
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • pasoegg
    pasoegg Posts: 447
    Options
    bought a 35 today along with a couple of the 4lb ice packs....This will be my go to cooler for the college football season....didn't like the handle on the 20...really think the size will be perfect over the 20 once the ice packs would be installed...but to each his own....

"it is never too early to drink, but it may be too early to be seen drinking"

Winston-Salem, NC

• Mickey
    Options

Have 20 & 45. The 35 is just to close to the 20 and i can still lift the 45 (mostly). 

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    edited August 2018
    Options
    I have a 20 and a soft sided 30 (Rtic) and use the 30 more when capacity or weight is an issue. It’s not often I would need to keep something cold for a long time (longer than a soft side would handle) that would fit in a 20
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,304
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Lit said:

Thanks....the concern I have is with the capacity. The handle was / is an unforeseen drawback. You are swinging the pendulum the other way now brother Lit.  Appreciate your speaking up. 
    Can’t attest to the value of the 35, as I don’t own one. But as the owner of a 20, 45 and a Hopper 30, I can say that the 20 is a fantastic cooler that’s got its own purpose. Small and portable, but retains ice like the rest of the Tundra lineup. I had originally thought of getting a single larger Tundra, but instead opted for a few smaller ones on the basis of versatility. I’m glad I did. 

...And FWIW, I like the 20 handle. You can simply avoid using it altogether (instead gripping under the lip) if it’s causing you unbearable mental anguish.