Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Where's SGH?

Options

Comments

• Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    DMW said:

Fake or not I miss him. : (

I have my theories on SGH (and several might know who I think he is) and I do hope he comes back, don't care under which handle.
    I just spoke with him. He'll be back soon enough. And yall can quit with the 89 yr old crap. Typo.

Little Rock, AR

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Donnie Osmond is great in that
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

DMW said:

I have my theories on SGH (and several might know who I think he is) and I do hope he comes back, don't care under which handle.
    I just spoke with him. He'll be back soon enough. And yall can quit with the 89 yr old crap. Typo.
    Lmao...typo? I guess him confirming it on 3 different occasions was a typo too. I have some beach front property to sell ya...just let me know when you're ready to negotiate. I'll let it go to you for real cheap. ;)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options

Maybe he's letting some of you make fools of yourselves.

Nope you're doing fine all by yourself. =))

Dude I liked conversing w/ SGH and if he comes back...Cool. But, his story line....That Dog Don't Hunt... My friend my brother ;-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @cazzy‌ does that beach front happen to be in NE? :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • ChillyWillis
    ChillyWillis Posts: 893
    Options
    Well weather he's an 89 year old down in Mississippi or a troll eggin' under a bridge somewhere one thing is for sure. The man can cook some fine food!
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @ChillyWillis‌ yep! I conversed w/ him till the wee hrs many times. No doubt. He knows Q. Hopefully he'll be back. It's not like he was a...

Fasttimes at Ridgemont High Sean Penn You **** sc…: http://youtu.be/n9huSs0g67c
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    :-? Maybe he was kidnapped and is being forced to Q as we speak. >:)
    Old School - Van kidnapping: http://youtu.be/Vw3bPUOE47s
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    I'm about to leave this alone now, but I'll just say I think some of you are wrong. Maybe not. We'll see soon enough. If this guy trolls me out I'll leave the forum. If not, there's a lot of crow to go around.

Little Rock, AR

• SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    DMW said:
    @DMW the suspense is killing me...who do you think he is? 

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I'm about to leave this alone now, but I'll just say I think some of you are wrong. Maybe not. We'll see soon enough. If this guy trolls me out I'll leave the forum. If not, there's a lot of crow to go around.
    Don't leave the forum regardless of how this turns out. 

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options

@Biggreenpharmacist‌ That's pretty extreme as nobody wants you to leave. He's a liar, but the persona he created seems to be positive, so if he comes back...cool.

I know you said you spoke with him and he admitted he's not 89...I wonder what else he lied about? Typo...you're smoking something good if you really believe that. Research and you'll see he was dead serious...confirmed it several times and never said he wasn't 89.

I unequivocally think you're wrong, but I know you won't allow yourself to see the obvious. Let's see how your trip with him works out.
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    Stick around, you never know when we might need some UNDER the counter drugs.  Just kidding, but do stay.  I'm kind of middle of the road on this subject as SGH has been a valuable contributor but if you make plans with someone at least let them know it won't work out.  You don't have to give a reason if you don't want to, just tell them not right now.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • cazzy
    Options
    I will say...this is kind of like ESPN when nothing is going on.  This all his been very entertaining...got to love cheap entertainment!  Thanks @SGH  Without your clever creation, we would all be a lil bored right now.
  • tarheelmatt
    tarheelmatt Posts: 9,867
    Options
    What ever happened to the one guy that came to the forum to find friends? I believe he said his therapist told him to do that since he couldn't find real friends. I cannot remember the name for the life of me.
    ------------------------------
    Thomasville, NC
    My YouTube Channel - The Hungry Hussey
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    Always enjoyed SGH.. Though his language was interesting for me almost like a an English as second language or something.
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    What ever happened to the one guy that came to the forum to find friends? I believe he said his therapist told him to do that since he couldn't find real friends. I cannot remember the name for the life of me.
    You mean @SenecaTheYounger. I think he is at his lake house for the summer....  :-\"
    They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • johnkitchens
    johnkitchens Posts: 5,227
    Options
    I agree with @cazzy. It has been entertaining. I didn't catch that about him being 89 until this thread. I read it, and he repeated that he was 89 after being asked. That is kind of hard to say that it was a typo when it was repeated it or he said yes to the question when asked a couple of times. 

I personally don't care if SGH is real or not. Real or not he was a great cook. He posted some awesome cooks. He was helpful, and he was nice. He made me like him. Most trolls are buttholes. So if he isn't real he did a great job of making most of us like him. For what reason though. Trolls are trouble makers. He wasn't. 

He also gave some pretty specific details about where he lived etc. For example on his "Ultimate Fried Shrimp Post" http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1167167/ultimate-fried-shrimp he posted, and I quote " I'm right at the corner of hwy 49 and hwy 67. Right behind the liquor store on the corner."

Well a Google map search turned up that there is indeed a liquor store on the corner of those roads. Right behind the liquor store is a house. The address is 17463 Pine Street, Saucier, MS. If you look a little further it says that the property is owned by Mary Ann House. 

There was another post he made that showed an autograph book by Paul Prudhomme and the inscription was to "Scottie". 

So we possibly may know where the "S" and the "H" come from. in SGH. If the guy is legit, and I hope he is that may be his initials. 

In the end it doesn't really matter. This is just a forum and an escape, if only momentarily, from my daily grind. 

It is fun though.  

Louisville, GA - 2 Large BGE's
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    Even if he did lie about his age...who cares. I mean really? I don't know him personally and the odds of me ever meeting him is pretty slim.

I mean people tell lies all along. Don't believe me...ask a woman her weight....ask a man his size....there are people like myself that don't lie...you might not like what I say but heck it would be the truth or at least my opinion.

I liked his posts bit am kinda getting tired of the posts about him. If he comes back great. If he don't great also. No skin off my nose either way.
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • tarheelmatt
    Options
    That's it @DMW‌..
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options

Even if he did lie about his age...who cares. I mean really? I don't know him personally and the odds of me ever meeting him is pretty slim.

I mean people tell lies all along. Don't believe me...ask a woman her weight....ask a man his size....there are people like myself that don't lie...you might not like what I say but heck it would be the truth or at least my opinion.

I liked his posts bit am kinda getting tired of the posts about him. If he comes back great. If he don't great also. No skin off my nose either way.

That's not he lied about...but it's irrelevant at this point. Some will believe him, some will not...in the end, it doesn't really matter.

He's trending like cray right now so he'll come back more popular than ever. #SGH #IamSGH #ILOVEHISSOUP #SGHisaMan'sMAN #SGHNorris #89&StillKickingit
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options

I agree with @cazzy. It has been entertaining. I didn't catch that about him being 89 until this thread. I read it, and he repeated that he was 89 after being asked. That is kind of hard to say that it was a typo when it was repeated it or he said yes to the question when asked a couple of times. 

I personally don't care if SGH is real or not. Real or not he was a great cook. He posted some awesome cooks. He was helpful, and he was nice. He made me like him. Most trolls are buttholes. So if he isn't real he did a great job of making most of us like him. For what reason though. Trolls are trouble makers. He wasn't. 

He also gave some pretty specific details about where he lived etc. For example on his "Ultimate Fried Shrimp Post" http://eggheadforum.com/discussion/1167167/ultimate-fried-shrimp he posted, and I quote " I'm right at the corner of hwy 49 and hwy 67. Right behind the liquor store on the corner."

Well a Google map search turned up that there is indeed a liquor store on the corner of those roads. Right behind the liquor store is a house. The address is 17463 Pine Street, Saucier, MS. If you look a little further it says that the property is owned by Mary Ann House. 

There was another post he made that showed an autograph book by Paul Prudhomme and the inscription was to "Scottie". 

So we possibly may know where the "S" and the "H" come from. in SGH. If the guy is legit, and I hope he is that may be his initials. 

In the end it doesn't really matter. This is just a forum and an escape, if only momentarily, from my daily grind. 

It is fun though.  
    Quite the investigator...awesome!
  • Jeremiah
    Jeremiah Posts: 6,412
    Options
    The shear amount of thought and investigation some of y'all are putting into this is hilarious. I mean I thought I had the most boring job in the world...
    Slumming it in Aiken, SC. 
  • badinfluence
    badinfluence Posts: 1,774
    Options
    @cazzy don't know what you mean by "investigator"?
    1 XXL BGE,  1 LG BGE, 2 MED. BGE, 1 MINI BGE, 1 Peoria custom cooker Meat Monster.

Clinton, Iowa
  • cazzy
    Options

@cazzy don't know what you mean by "investigator"?

Fixed it...meant that for John. Lol
  • cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Jeremiah said:

The shear amount of thought and investigation some of y'all are putting into this is hilarious. I mean I thought I had the most boring job in the world...

At least I didn't pull out Google Maps. Haha

Being observant and my memory is where most of my stuff has came from. My job is pretty boring though...at least to me. Lol
  • tarheelmatt
    edited July 2014
    Options
    I wished now I would have tried to get his address. I posted about pickles I had done and he said send some his way.

Missed opportunity.
    Thomasville, NC
    Instagram
    Facebook
    My Photography Site
  • cazzy
    Options
    @johnkitchens

I googled that address you listed.  Initially, I didn't see much...house or anything else.  That is until I found the message he left me.  That's his house, for sure!    X_X

• cazzy
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @Jeremiah  What do you do again?  Besides making steaks in the rain shirtless.  haha