Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Twisted Hump Day Extravaganza (caution pic heavy)

Options

Comments

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @fusionhq‌ thank you very much ;)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @fusionhq FYI - when you quote 20 MB of embedded pictures that are already posted on the same page, it makes eveyone have to download an extra 20 MB of pictures. 
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ How can you quote w/ out embedding the pics in this case? I've done the same thing before.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Easy.  Quote, then click on the pictures and hit delete.  All that's left should be the text content.
    Options
    fusionhq said:
    Spatchcock w/ Mickey's.  Then chilled with my egging buddy Lili Ann and listened to the radio under the breeze of ceiling fans.  Then solo cameo appearance by our Son Terry B-)  Spatchcock was cooked at:  Raised direct until breast IT was 155℉ (carry over brought to 163℉ breast & thighs etc 189℉). Then @HuskerMaMa‌ made the side and dessert. Side: spiralized zucchini, yellow squash & Vidalia onion. Cooked al dente in lite EVOO, red pepper flakes & minced garlic.  Then for dessert on the LBGE. Courtesy of @HuskerMaMa‌ Spiralized Empire Apples, golden raisins, cinnamon, nutmeg, truvia, and imitation butter flavor. Cooked at 350℉ as pictured about 10-15 minutes and again to an al dente texture.  Dinner is served. Plated. 
    Looks great!!! Keep it up!
    Like this.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ oh and all my photos, motion pics animations (google calls it photo awesome), videos etc go into my cloud. Google. I don't have any sort of sophisticated storage. Just the free stuff. Now I know my wife does something with our photos but, I'm not sure how or what she uses. As far as I'm concerned it's A magic trick :)) She's the IT girl in our Casa. ;-) I can fumble my way around pretty decent though.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    edited July 2014
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ gotcha. I did know this. Likely nor did @fusionhq‌ either. Oh well $hi+ happens. B-)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Yeah, I use a couple of clouds.  Google and Microsoft's.  Problem is, they're very limited in space unless you pay $$$.  I bought a new camera not to long ago - 24 megapixels, plus raw, sh*t gets out of hand quick.   So the NAS will give me my own cloud, plus lots of services, apps, etc.  Get anything anywhere anytime.

Plus I plan on ripping our 1500 CDs in a lossless format.   That's gonna be around 500GB.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ dang! That's insane! We have a slide projector along w/ umtine million slides from the probably the late 50s early 60s all the way into the I would guess 80s that we have to sit down, nay camp out, and digitize so we can store them more efficiently. Good times. :))
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    I hear ya brother.  I have a Wolverine digitizer and about 70 pounds of old pictures and negatives (and slides) I need to archive on to the NAS.  Need to go through all my pics and add metadata to make them searchable.  That'll give me something to do if I get the flu.
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ these are all family photos. I know some date back to WW11 when my Grandparents were stationed in Hawaii. Probably close to 120-150# worth of boxes. It has to be done.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @nolaegghead‌ I'll have to ask how my best half does this. I know she has something to do this with. I'm just not sure what it is.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Winner, winner, chicken dinner.
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    Lookin good.  Going to look into that spiral thingy!
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Options
    Great looking meal.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • jhl192
    jhl192 Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Super post from many aspects! Setting the bar high.
    XL BGE; Medium BGE; L BGE 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    edited July 2014
    Options
    Healthy meals that taste good is always a winner. Looks great!
    We had chic wings and collard greens last nite. Very good.
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • radamo
    radamo Posts: 373
    Options
    NPHuskerFL.... Fun post!!!

Was this your first time using Mickey's coffee rub?  How is it compared to just Kosher Salt, Pepper and Garlic?

Long Island, NY
  • HendersonTRKing
    HendersonTRKing Posts: 1,803
    Options
    That looks like the definition of perfect spatch chicken.  Definitely makes me want to do another, and soon.
    It's a 302 thing . . .
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Looks great.  I did my first spatch last week with Mickey's and it was awesome.  I over shot the temp because it was a smaller 2lb bird and didn't think to adjust cooking time enough but still quite moist and very tasty.  This will become a staple in m house from now on.  We eat so much chicken that I sometimes feel like a barnyard pimp.   ~:>

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Options
    That all looks fantastic for sharing.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    I hear ya brother.  I have a Wolverine digitizer and about 70 pounds of old pictures and negatives (and slides) I need to archive on to the NAS.  Need to go through all my pics and add metadata to make them searchable.  That'll give me something to do if I get the flu.
    You can get pills for this these days……..

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Crap that looks good
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• fence0407
    fence0407 Posts: 2,237
    Options
    Another fantastic cook! That spiral-er thingy looks pretty cool - might have to get one!
    Large - Mini - Blackstone 17", 28", 36"
    Cumming, GA  

• wpendlegg
    wpendlegg Posts: 141
    Options
    @NPHuskerFL you're a master at making those chickens.

How long do they take at 400? When the breast gets to 165?
    Lubbock, TX
    Large BGE
  • HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    Splendid work - everything looks terrific. This thread is doing the rounds…... :-\"

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Looks like I will be buying a spiral slicer.
    NOLA
  • stemc33
    stemc33 Posts: 3,567
    Options
    Looks great.  I did my first spatch last week with Mickey's and it was awesome.  I over shot the temp because it was a smaller 2lb bird and didn't think to adjust cooking time enough but still quite moist and very tasty.  This will become a staple in m house from now on.  We eat so much chicken that I sometimes feel like a barnyard pimp.   ~:>

A 2lb. bird? Are you sure it wasn't a cornish game hen?
    Steven
    Mini Max with Woo stone combo, LBGE, iGrill 2, Plate Setter, 
    two cotton pot holders to handle PS
    Banner, Wyoming
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @GATraveller‌ Thanks. Most birds I've done have been in the say 4-8# range (young fryer or roasters). At 400℉ around 45 min. to 1.25 hrs. I've never done a 2# bird. Like @stemc33‌ said that's more of a Cornish Game Hen. But, I know you can get young chickens that small (I just don't get em that small is all). That small I'd guesstimate around 20 to maybe 30 minutes. But, I don't go off of time I go off of IT.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
  • NPHuskerFL
    Options
    @stemc33‌ thank you as always :)
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014