Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Some recent cooks

Options
dldawes1
dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
Well, been busy for a while and haven't participated very much. Thought I'd cram a few words and pics in while I was waiting for some ribs to finish.

I've still been egging every week and have not slowed down !!!!!!  LOVE MY BGE !!!!!!

Here are a few recent pics.  Enjoy !!!!!!!

Thanks,

Donnie

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

Comments

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    @dldawes1‌
    Brother it all looks fantastic. Good job my friend. Did you grill that corn? If so what is your method if you don't mind me asking. I love corn especially off of the egg. Always looking for new methods.

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Dawnl
    Dawnl Posts: 252
    Options
    Awesome looking cooks!
    Ottawa Valley, Ontario
  • dldawes1
    Options
    Sorry @SGH... Just saw your post. I peeled back the husks without removing, soaked in salt water for 30 minutes ( I can't swear that this helps !!). Shake off excess water and rub down with butter/salt/pepper/favorite rub mixture. Recover with husks. Through in the egg indirect 350F. I leave in about 10 minutes before throwing in my steaks. I reverse sear my steaks so I leave both steak and corn in until steak is ~130 IT. Then I go direct ~650 and keep rolling corn while searing steaks (about 90 seconds per side for the steak sear). Hope you like the outcome......I sure do !!!!

Thanks,

Donnie

• SGH
    Options
    @dldawes1‌
    That's pretty much the same method that i use except I stay raised direct from start to finish with corn. The water soak does help keep the husks from burning. I have done it both wet and dry and much prefer to soak the ears before cooking. Again all your food looks fantastic my friend.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• dldawes1
    Options
    @SGH......yours look awesome as well !!!!  I appreciate all of the tips I pick up from you and others here on the site..

• SGH
    Options
    @dldawes1‌
    Thank you for the kind words my friend.

Status- Standing by.

• ktm101
    ktm101 Posts: 61
    Options
    Everything looks great!  What sauce do you use for your wings?  They almost look breaded..look really good, I imagine those are cooked indirectly also?
  • dldawes1
    Options
    @KTM101.....I roll wings in flour, then fry ( I hope this is not going to get me kicked off the forum !!!!) , then put on egg indirect for 20 minutes or raised direct for 10minutes/flip/10 more minutes  to bake in the flavors.  I use honey, Frank's hotsauce, whatsitsauce, S & P, and garlic powder.

Everyone says they are the best they've ever had.......I have to agree !!!!!!

• anzyegg
    anzyegg Posts: 1,104
    Options
    My gosh. I just finished eating and looked at this post and am hungry again. Some awesome looking cooks there.... I was going to ask about the corn and seen SGH post... All look great man....
  • CarolinaCrazy
    Options
    dldawes1 said:
    @KTM101.....I roll wings in flour, then fry ( I hope this is not going to get me kicked off the forum !!!!) , then put on egg indirect for 20 minutes or raised direct for 10minutes/flip/10 more minutes  to bake in the flavors.  I use honey, Frank's hotsauce, whatsitsauce, S & P, and garlic powder.

Everyone says they are the best they've ever had.......I have to agree !!!!!!
    I was about to comment that those were the best looking grilled wings I had ever seen until you pulled back the curtain. A little disappointed, but you've found a recipe you love...full props to you.

But why do you grill them after frying? Why not just fry and then dive in? Does it make a difference?
    1 LBGE in Chapel Hill, NC
  • Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Very nice cooks.  All looks delicious.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • mark11
    mark11 Posts: 55
    Options
    All great looking food.
  • dldawes1
    Options
    @CAROLINACRAZY.....sorry......Egging after dipping the hot wings in the sauce seals the flavor in and caramelizes the sauce coating.