Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - embarrassing sign

Options
I went to a Chris Cagle show last night at Toby Keith's bar and grill and the sign below was on the front door! Really? No one else was around to proof it before it went on the front door? My buddies and I got a good laugh out of it.
Pure Michigan
Large BGE, Medium BGE, Mini BGE, Weber Smokey Mountain, Weber Performer.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    I've started to see misspellings in all kinds of unlikely locations - on the front doors of a bank, etc.  I think it is the texting mentality creeping into the professional world.  I've heard teenagers criticizing a peer for not always having his words spelled corrrectly when he texts, asking questions like "Who's got time for that?"...

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Spell Check is your friend.
  • tksmoke
    tksmoke Posts: 776
    Options
    As a dinosaur, I'm constantly appalled by the total lack of both spelling and grammar skills everywhere.  Even university grads can't create complete sentences.  Evolution is inevitable - move over T-Rex. 
    Santa Paula, CA
  • Sea2Ski
    Sea2Ski Posts: 4,088
    Options
    Applications with 'auto-correct' are a big contributor as well.
    The "correct"ing part of the feature does not always work properly.

--------------------------------------------------
    Burning lump in Downingtown, PA or diesel in Cape May, NJ.
    ....just look for the smoke!
    Large and MiniMax
    --------------------------------------------------

Caliking said:   Meat in bung is my favorite. 
  • GATABITES
    GATABITES Posts: 1,260
    Options
    Most ppl wouldn't notice. We Eggers are sharp. Well, you saw it first. Lol
    XL BGE 
    Joe JR 
    Baltimore, MD
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    spelling errors dont bother me much, neither do apostrophes and capital letters, but if your going to have a band and charge a cover, dont be apologizing for it. im not even really sure if its the charge or the singer they are apologizing about
    :))
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Cymbaline65
    Cymbaline65 Posts: 800
    Options
    Incorrect spelling and grammar drives me crazy, especially when it's in a public space. Not to mention menus, corporate web sites, news media.. Take a moment and spell check for no other reason as it makes me happy. We all know it's about making me happy! 8-}
    In the  Hinterlands between Cumming and Gainesville, GA
    Med BGE, Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, Brinkman Dual Zone, Weber Genesis Gas Grill and portable gasser for boating
  • SenecaTheYounger
    Options
    @fisherman: "but if your going to have a band and charge a cover"    "you're"

(Couldn't resist)
    ;)

And re: "im not even really sure if its the charge or the singer they are apologizing about"

Agreed. I thought the embarrassing thing here was going to a concert at a Toby Keith Bar.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Copia ciborum subtilitas impeditur

Seneca Falls, NY

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    edited May 2014
    Options
    got up too early this morning, forgot the "e"   "youre", thats bettah.  i didnt know who toby was either
    i still dont get the apology, someone must have thought it a good idea to book the guy, then apologize for it
    :D
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    (sigh).  Me talk pretty one day.
    Options
    All of this certainly is inconveniant.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • McStew
    McStew Posts: 965
    Options
    I pass this daily ( two years so far ) 
    Hermosa Beach CA 
  • DMW
    DMW Posts: 13,832
    Options
    McStew said:
    I pass this daily ( two years so far ) 
    Have you ever stopped to check that place out? Maybe they are offering Clarence's services at a discount? :))

They/Them
    Morgantown, PA

XL BGE - S BGE - KJ Jr - HB Legacy - BS Pizza Oven - 30" Firepit - King Kooker Fryer -  PR72T - WSJ - BS 17" Griddle - XXL BGE  - BS SS36" Griddle - 2 Burner Gasser - Pellet Smoker
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    imageimage
    Options

Incorrect spelling and grammar drives me crazy, especially when it's in a public space. Not to mention menus, corporate web sites, news media.. Take a moment and spell check for no other reason as it makes me happy. We all know it's about making me happy! 8-}
    How about:- "Incorrect spelling and grammar drive me crazy, especially when they're in a public space". Now we know you're ecstatic! ;))

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,978
    Options
    One of my favs:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike