Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Thanks @ RRP

Options
lkapigian
lkapigian Posts: 10,794

Installed my new Rutland yesterday ( sorry no progress pics)- Nice to have @ RRP here for his help and love for this forum- The gasket went flawlessly- If your thinking about it, do it- Follow the instructions!- Couple of things I did different- I did a clean burn first just to finish off the gasket that was there, even flamed it up with the lid open for a bit, made the old gasket come off easy- I used only a putty knife and some sand paper ( I found the serial number as well under the old)- I gutted the egg, it so when I was done, no big deal to clean the old material- during the curing left top and bottom vents open, with dome closed- A bit of a stack effect kept bad odors out. After a 24 hour cure opened dome to let the gasket get some air- I even bought an extra gasket and put one on my modified reverse flow offset-3

Thanks @RRP you are appreciated

Visalia, Ca @lkapigian

Comments

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options

Rutland Repair Pro comes through again   :-bd

Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,922
    Options
    Thanks for the compliment! You are set to go now for years of no hassle with gaskets! Even at some point years from now for some reason the gasket came loose it can be reapplied since your egg's temperature can't touch that Rutland!
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,794
    Options
    @Focker‌
    That's a good one brother!

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• ericp
    ericp Posts: 152
    Options
    @RRPhas the best service hands down. My rutland is going strong. Would have ripped thru several egg gaskets by now.