Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - NHL Smack Talk

Options

Comments

• EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    Options
    Been a Boston fan for ever!  Grew up on the East Coast (NB) and it was either cheer for Boston or Montreal.  Remember seeing Bobby Orr at the Forum.  Had Orr lunch pail, cards, jersey, etc ... 

Of course back then we actually used the items so they are long gone.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

hondabbq said:

Been a Habs fan since I was watching with my Dad when I was a youngin'.

Of course pulling for the Habs, and or if they are out then pulling for ANY Canadian team, even the Leafs if I had to, but that usually doesn't have to come into play.

If the Habs get knocked out Ill pull for the Hawks as JT is a good ol local boy. Although Im not a fan of Kane.

I've been a Habs fan since Roy. It's Habs and Avalanche for me this year.  

I've been a Habs fan since...well, never! I hope those hosers lose!
    Flint, Michigan
  • GATraveller
    GATraveller Posts: 8,207
    Options
    Yep......lost our team to Winnipeg so I had to revert back to the team I grew up on.....GO HAWKS!!!

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA
  • michigan_jason
    michigan_jason Posts: 1,346
    Options

As a Michigander my whole life (29yrs) I will say this. I have been spoiled as a hockey fan, since the 90's the wings have the most cups, and have always been in the playoffs. Recently my team has (finally) evolved. It has transcended from it's "finesse" way of playing and has added youth. I miss the days of the Russian 5, they were by far the most skilled line I have ever seen play the game, but the NHL has shown that finesse is not going to win anymore. We need enforcers, people who will put their bodies on the line, and now we have a few. We have never been known for our speed, guess what, now we are fast. I am willing to bet that the Red Wings are the last team that anyone wants to face in the playoffs.

I am also willing and encouraging someone to call me out on it. I would love to bet a small amount of money (paid by sending money to friends or family via paypal.) On my wings.

KCCO 

"Entrepreneurs are simply those who understand that there is little difference between obstacle and opportunity, and are able to turn both to their advantage."

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - thanks for making me feel my age, Habs fan since first on the "tube" as that's what it was then, in black and white with the tin foil wrapped rabbit ears. 
    Beliveau, Plante, Richard (X2), Harvey, Moore. Think it was '57 or '58, just before Dad was posted to Germany. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • BarbecueBuc
    Options
    I'm all in with the Tampa bay Lightning although, we're a little yound and may be a year or so away. If and when the Bolts get eliminated, I always root for my boyhood favorite Boston Bruins. We have the Habs in the 1st round and as always, I just want Montreal to lose!!!!
  • BarbecueBuc
    Options
    I meant young or course, "we're a little young."
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    @Eggcelsior - thanks for making me feel my age, Habs fan since first on the "tube" as that's what it was then, in black and white with the tin foil wrapped rabbit ears. 
    Beliveau, Plante, Richard (X2), Harvey, Moore. Think it was '57 or '58, just before Dad was posted to Germany. 
    Skiddy, Sorry. The 93 playoffs were my first real exposure to hockey since they were on ABC/ESPN. Previous to this it was Saturday afternoons on ABC. Then my parents got rid of cable so I only had the weekend games and occasional forays to Capital Centre with my neighbor for Caps games. When Fox took over I was able to see Roy in all his glory with the Avs against those dirty commies from Detroit nearly year after year. 
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Dirty commies?? Nyet!!!

Edit: Yes we are dirty comies. Nevermind Claude Lemioux rearranged Chris Draper's face with a cheap shot into the boards. Also nevermind he bravely balled up like a turtle their next meeting when Darren McCarty proceeded to kick his ass. Turtling is a manly and honorable strategy.
    Flint, Michigan
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    Options
    I'm all in with the Tampa bay Lightning although, we're a little yound and may be a year or so away. If and when the Bolts get eliminated, I always root for my boyhood favorite Boston Bruins. We have the Habs in the 1st round and as always, I just want Montreal to lose!!!!
    You got the better of the Cally/St Louis deal. 

Garnerville, NY
  • Eggcelsior
    Options

Dirty commies?? Nyet!!!

Edit: Yes we are dirty comies. Nevermind Claude Lemioux rearranged Chris Draper's face with a cheap shot into the boards. Also nevermind he bravely balled up like a turtle their next meeting when Darren McCarty proceeded to kick his ass. Turtling is a manly and honorable strategy.

I was 12-15 years old at the time and the Wings wore all red and had several Russians in prominent roles. Command and Conquer: Red Alert was a big deal PC game. Synergy my friend. Don't worry, I don't hate them now. Lidstrom is the perfect human, after all.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Dirty commies?? Nyet!!!

I was 12-15 years old at the time and the Wings wore all red and had several Russians in prominent roles. Command and Conquer: Red Alert was a big deal PC game. Synergy my friend. Don't worry, I don't hate them now. Lidstrom is the perfect human, after all.
    I feel old.
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Really eh Fred. I've seen the Leafs win three cups

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• HDumptyEsq
    HDumptyEsq Posts: 1,095
    Options
    All Greek and Latin to me. :-/

Tony in Brentwood, TN.

Medium BGE, New Braunfels off-set smoker, 3-burner Charbroiler gasser, mainly used for Eggcessory  storage, old electric upright now used for Amaz-N-Smoker.

"I like cooking with wine - sometimes I put it in the food." - W. C. Fields

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Really eh Fred. I've seen the Leafs win three cups
    You remember them?
    Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options
    It's actually four that I remember. 62, 63, 64 and 67. Of course there was a 19 in front of those numbers. Not sure if they won from 55 to 62.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

I was not born yet or learning the mysteries of using the toilet during those years.

Hey Steve, are you meeting Henapple & me in a couple three weeks?

Flint, Michigan
  • Little Steven
    Options
    That inbred bastid didn't invite me. I gotta make a trip to my US office, was planning next week but I can put it off. Be nice to get away from the snow for a couple of days. B-)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Fred19Flintstone
    Options

Well I'm inviting you.  He said he was going to be in Auburn Hills (metro Detroit) a couple of weeks after Easter.  Date and location yet to be determined.  He keeps information, like his bacon, close to his...er...well, close.   

Flint, Michigan
  • golfandgrill
    Options

As a Michigander my whole life (29yrs) I will say this. I have been spoiled as a hockey fan, since the 90's the wings have the most cups, and have always been in the playoffs. Recently my team has (finally) evolved. It has transcended from it's "finesse" way of playing and has added youth. I miss the days of the Russian 5, they were by far the most skilled line I have ever seen play the game, but the NHL has shown that finesse is not going to win anymore. We need enforcers, people who will put their bodies on the line, and now we have a few. We have never been known for our speed, guess what, now we are fast. I am willing to bet that the Red Wings are the last team that anyone wants to face in the playoffs.

I am also willing and encouraging someone to call me out on it. I would love to bet a small amount of money (paid by sending money to friends or family via paypal.) On my wings.

KCCO 

I will take this opportunity to call you out and say the bruins are going to pound the wings in round one. Wings have suffered too many injuries and inconsistency over the season. I'm calling boston in 5 games. By the way I'm an avs fan
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • golfandgrill
    Options

KCCO 

Also KCCO
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • Little Steven
    edited April 2014
    Options

KCCO 

Also KCCO
    I'll take a little of that action...no wait! Next year for sure

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• gabriegger
    gabriegger Posts: 682
    Options
    @EggNorth same deal here. Grew up in Cole Harbour and since my Dad is a Habs fan I had to cheer for the Bruins. Still have the Booby Ort jersey circa 1968 but can't get it over the green egg gut. Thrill for me was to have the best hockey player ever sign his book for me. And no I did not play hockey with Crosby as a kid. #4 Bobby Orr!

the city above Toronto - Noodleville wtih 2 Large 1 Mini

• Focker
    Focker Posts: 8,364
    Options
    TUUUUKKKKKAAAAH

you guys dont stand a chance
    :))

Ah.....remember that from last year.  Good stuff fish. ;)
    Brandon
    Quad Cities
    "If yer gonna denigrate, familiarity with the subject is helpful."

• NPHuskerFL
    NPHuskerFL Posts: 17,629
    Options
    Avalanche here.
    LBGE 2013 & MM 2014
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Flying Low & Slow in "Da Burg" FL
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    Calling @michigan_jason‌.... Calling you out.... Friendly wager on your wings? I'm an avs fan... Bet on who goes further?
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Fred19Flintstone Posts: 8,168
    edited April 2014
    Options

OH SNAP!!!!  Red Wings are winning in the Gaaaarden!

EDIT:  The Wings just won 1-0!!!!

Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    Great game. Love seeing 5 of 6 O6 teams going at it this year.
  • Fred19Flintstone
    Options
    Great game. Love seeing 5 of 6 O6 teams going at it this year.
    Hey what happened to the Caps this year?  I like Adam Oates (former Red Wing).
    Flint, Michigan
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    They crapped the bed at the end of the year and couldn't hold a lead all season. They didn't deserve to get in.