Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Beijing Wings from Salado

Options
caliking
caliking Posts: 18,731
My apologies - too busy drinking to take pictures. The original recipe is here 

I made 2 batches - once at the Fri meet & greet, then again for the Sat afterparty. If I wasn't such a rookie, I would have planned ahead and made 2 different kinds. Oh well.

I had 24 wings, so I tripled the Saveur recipe. Cut the tips off, and then cut each wing into the winglet and drumette. It was 11pm on Thurs night when I realized that I didn't have scallions, peanut oil, or toasted sesame oil. I didn't add Sichuan peppercorns on purpose, since I didn't know if folks would enjoy their flavor. I was much chastised for omitting them. 

I cooked them direct on Fri night, about 400ish dome temp. The marinade left in the bag was poured in to an empty beer can and left on the grid to boil. Once the wings were done and had a bit of char on them, I pulled them, and tossed them in the marinade/sauce. On Sat night, I cooked them raised direct (on @Mickey's AR, I think - thanks!) , about the same dome temp, did the same thing with the sauce. I prefer the ones that were cooked direct on Fri night.

They turned out pretty well. No pics, but at least @Springram will vouch that they happened. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments