Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's up today?

Options
henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
It has been brought to our attention, by a member here...on another forum that we are inexperienced eggers. That somehow our quantity of post diminishes our quality. That we somehow don't match up...that we don't know what we are doing.

I'll say only that I've learned so much here and have had a hell of a time. There are no cliques here..Everybody is welcome. I've met good friends here. There are great ffolks on this forum that are welcoming of all newcomers.

Additionally our forum isn't run on dos.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited March 2014
    Options
    You got to be freaking kidding me!! No cliques, are you for serious? All this time, I thought I was part of a clique!

I'm outta here!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    For real? ...finally
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:
    You got to be freaking kidding me!! No cliques, are you for serious? All this time, I thought I was part of a clique! I'm outta here!
    He just doesn't know about them. he's outside the circle of trust. It's sooooo cool in here:

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options

cazzy said:

You got to be freaking kidding me!! No cliques, are you for serious? All this time, I thought I was part of a clique!

I'm outta here!

He just doesn't know about them. he's outside the circle of trust. It's sooooo cool in here:

Why the hell is Little Steven making his baby making face??
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    cazzy said:
    cazzy said:
    You got to be freaking kidding me!! No cliques, are you for serious? All this time, I thought I was part of a clique! I'm outta here!

Why the hell is Little Steven making his baby making face??

=))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options

I would have to say, I loved bbqing before, love it still, sinse i bought the BGE and joined this forum I have been cooking and trying new things, differant things, and ways to prepare and do meat. I know the Egg cooks to a differant level, but in my mind, its the people in and on this forum that push everyone else to do better, experiment, show failures and new ideas, not the egg. Anyways, it has made me do a lot more than "steak" and "chicken" the same old way all the time. I have seen some pretty amazing cooks on here, and i am sure they will always continue. The atmosphere is second to none. ...Even coming in here from canada... My thoughts anyways. thats all. Now i'm outta here too!

County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Biggreenpharmacist Posts: 4,341
    edited March 2014
    Options
    I have no idea about any other forum, but I can tell you I'm a LOT better cook because of this forum so those other guys can suck on my recently obtained used egg.

Little Rock, AR

• GoVols
    GoVols Posts: 216
    Options
    This is a great site with very helpful information....Let's all have a PBR !!!!!!
    Tim Rickman,Tn.
  • AlbertaEgger
    AlbertaEgger Posts: 1,387
    Options
    In short form, I guess I take a lot of credit for some of the cooks I do, even if they are the more simple ones so far. However, what I dont say is that the credit should really be going to you guys on this forum each time. OK, thats enough sappy sh*t for this guy...
    County of Parkland, Alberta, Canada
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I started out on the "other forum" when it was the "only BGE forum".  Learned a lot there but gravitated here after assessing the  dust-up with the civil war of a few years ago.  I hope everyone is about helping each of  us enhance the BGE cooking outcomes.  I enjoy the various and entertaining threads and will have to say thanks to all who make this a fun ride.  BTW-enjoy the journey!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.