Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

North of the border respect

Options
2»

Comments

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yeah we have a federal squall warning and wind chill. We got 30+cm of fresh powder last night so it's going to be a treat driving home. We are on the north side of the escarpment and so many people can't make it up the hills. It's time they mandated snow tires like Québec did. Have you dipped below zero yet?
    I thought you guys had mandatory use of snow tires. Was -1ºC on the deck this morning, Tiger Lilly poking up through the ground is confused. -3ºC this morning at the airport, but my place is always a degree or two warmer. Expecting rain tonight, tomorrow, the next day and the next day. SWMBO and I just took down the outdoor Christmas decorations - another green Christmas is over. I miss the snow. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    They just upgraded our squall warning to a blizzard warning. Such fun!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Little Steven
    Options
    Well that was an interesting drive home. Temp dropped like a rock, snow froze idiots in the ditches the whole way. I'm pretty sure one guy in an SUV that was riding my ass went off on the big hill.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,533
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Well that was an interesting drive home. Temp dropped like a rock, snow froze idiots in the ditches the whole way. I'm pretty sure one guy in an SUV that was riding my ass went off on the big hill.
    Good to know you got home safe. Love those SUV drivers, they think they are invincible and don't need winter tires!  btw, I used to drive TO downtown during snowstorm rush hours, not as bad as 401/410 IMO!

@skiddymarker unfortunately winter tires are not mandatory in Ontario ... they should as they did in Quebec few years ago ... when it happens we've to watch out for thieves who couldn't buy winter tires before the deadline!
    canuckland
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    I saw a guy drag race one summer with studded snow tires...sparks everywhere.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple
    Options
    Not here...
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Power has browned out three times since I've been home. No genny aaarghhh!

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    henapple said:
    Not here...
    That is... outstanding. Just sent it to my brother in Minneapolis.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Justacookin
    Options
    Little Steven you no life is good when you have an a O on the road with you and then they are pulled over buy highway patrol or in the ditch or even better yet in the ditch upside down.
    XL & waiting for my Mini Max Bloomington MN.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Little Steven you no life is good when you have an a O on the road with you and then they are pulled over buy highway patrol or in the ditch or even better yet in the ditch upside down.
    Nothing as satisfying as either. Are you going to Ice Fest?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• henapple
    Options
    Canadian wife?
  • Nsdexter
    Nsdexter Posts: 195
    Options
    I like the cold, but what I hate is the swings in temperature! we were minus 3os with windchill on saturday and today were plus 10!
    HFX NS
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Almost there.. 10 degree drop in the last 2 hours. image
  • dldawes1
    dldawes1 Posts: 2,208
    Options
    -4 here in Northern KY. I might bring my egg inside and snuggle up with it so it doesn't get mad !

Not !!!!

Actually I am chomping at the bit to get out there and smoke somethin' !!!!!

Stay warm !

Donnie Dawes - RNNL8 BBQ - Carrollton, KY  

TWIN XLBGEs, 1-Beautiful wife, 1 XS Yorkie

I'm keeping serious from now on...no more joking around from me...Meatheads !! 

• stevesails
    Options
    You guys are funny. We don't put our coat on to pump gas unless it's below 35 in Michigan
    XL   Walled Lake, MI

• yzzi
    yzzi Posts: 1,843
    Options
    Kind of funny, I was comparing weather here in Dunedin FL with my friends in Kodiak AK. It's 30 degrees there and 39 here.
    Dunedin, FL
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options

You guys are funny. We don't put our coat on to pump gas unless it's below 35 in Michigan

Funny story. I just pumped gas in a long sleeve tee. I took the screen shot immediately after.