Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

COLD!!!!!!!!!!!!COLD!!!!!!!COLD!!!!!

Options
daffy1909
daffy1909 Posts: 498
edited January 2014 in EggHead Forum
Did I mention it was cold?!! Didn't egg tonite cause it's -35c -50c with wind chill!!! Going to -40c without the wind tonite!! So happy new year to all! And stay warm! :D global warming??? What?

Comments

• Loosemoose
    Options
    Dang that's cold!
    Nowhere Indiana
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    Options
    Sounds awesome. I wish I could experience that kind of cold.
  • onedbguru
    onedbguru Posts: 1,647
    Options
    interesting.  -40c = -40f
  • Wolfpack
    Wolfpack Posts: 3,551
    Options
    Dude- I don't get it... There are better places to live. Come join us non-cold people in the South :)
    Greensboro, NC
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    By the way- I went to see a customer in North Dakota in Feb and it was -55 (with wind chill). Insane cold- inside of your nose would freeze with each breath. Don't know how you all do it.
    Greensboro, NC
  • golfandgrill
    Options
    Wolfpack said:

By the way- I went to see a customer in North Dakota in Feb and it was -55 (with wind chill). Insane cold- inside of your nose would freeze with each breath. Don't know how you all do it.

Where in ND? It's -18 here right now with no wind
    Fighting Sioux Hockey
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    Outside devils lake- was about 4 years ago. Think actual temp was -30 or -35 wind chill took it that low. Miserable
    Greensboro, NC
  • NoDak1959
    Options
    Yeah it gets to be REAL fun when you have to work outside. I'm 54 and have had this job for @ 29 years. At this age with working outdoors have found that winter has no good qualities whatsoever. :) But it does make the other seasons more appreciated that's for sure. I honestly wouldn't live anywhere else.
  • Teedoff
    Teedoff Posts: 65
    Options
    It's a balmy +29 degrees here in North Bama. -35 is just crazy cold.
    Decatur, AL
  • CANMAN1976
    CANMAN1976 Posts: 1,593
    Options
    Newfoundland is -20 to -30 deg C with 133cm snow past month!!
    Hows ya gettin' on, me ol ****

Kippens.Newfoundland and Labrador. (Canada).
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498
    Options

@wolfpack I would love to move south!!! Golf all the time, sit out in the back and BBQ enjoy a few refreshments( liver might not like that but he doesn't get a say.... Yet!) best of all get away from the inlaws!!! But careers keep us here! We like it here in spring summer and fall!where r u located?
    :D
  • volksrod2110
    Options
    I too am in North Dakota.  As much as I dislike the winters, I can't imagine living anywhere else.  We are currently a balmy -6F.
  • jaydub58
    jaydub58 Posts: 2,167
    Options
    My late father was raised on a farm outside of Ellendale, ND in Dickey County.  Weather Channel says it is -6 right now, with -21 forcast for tonight.  Dad never had anything good to say about the weather back there.  Orregon's milder!
    John in the Willamette Valley of Oregon
  • Zuma
    Zuma Posts: 50
    Options
    NW Iowa here and it's -2........Add the wind and yes it does take the breath away sometimes.   Although, can't imagine fighting the temps you are talking about.    We are forecasted to have minus 20 on Monday with high of minus 10.    It does  make Egging a little tough.   
  • Wolfpack
    Options
    @daffy1909 im in North Carolina- just giving you all a hard time. Every place you go has good with the bad. Except NC- it's pretty much perfect here =))
    Greensboro, NC
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,822
    edited January 2014
    Options
    I know just what you mean. It only got into the low 70s today. Had to put on long pants. Did you enjoy watching the Rose Parade?
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    It's true, actually, NC is pretty close to perfect. I've been to a lot of places around the US and overseas, and the energy barrier to leaving Carolina is pretty high.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • rsmith193
    rsmith193 Posts: 219
    Options
    So I'm guessing it probably not a good time to tell everyone that it was a beautiful 75ºf here today. :))
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    It was a Meh 45 here in Maryland. I wish it was colder. Nothing better. You can always layer up but you can't take your skin off when it's hot and humid. I'm from Charleston, SC so I have an inkling of what I am talking about. I want to join the 300 club in Antarctica.
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    It was a Meh 45 here in Maryland. I wish it was colder. Nothing better. You can always layer up but you can't take your skin off when it's hot and humid. I'm from Charleston, SC so I have an inkling of what I am talking about. I want to join the 300 club in Antarctica.

BYE BYE !!!!!!!!!!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    @rickybobby you should check out what the 300 club is. When it hits - 100 outside you go into a 200 degree sauna and then immediately run outside and circle the south pole.

Don't worry, my family has a vacation home in Myrtle Beach. I'm not going anywhere. :D
  • RickyBobby
    Options
    I'm not a fan of cold weather climates, in fact, winters seem to get tougher and tougher for me each year. I dream of a home someday that I can enjoy an outdoor kitchen darn near 365 days a year. That outdoor kitchen will include my XL BGE!
    My PitMaster IQ120 FREAKIN ROCKS!!!!!!! Current BGE arsenal: XL & MiniMax
  • bettysnephew
    bettysnephew Posts: 1,189
    Options
    It's cold here also with an expected high 0°F tomorrow.  I can dress for that, but I scooped walks 3 times today.  That sucks.  I will use my backpack blower tomorrow and clean off the deck and Egg.
    A poor widows son.
    See der Rabbits, Iowa
  • aussieprime
    Options
    We're at the other end of the scale here 31c for Christmas Day , still find it weird after being here for 7 yrs having Christmas dinner in the sunshine and wearing shorts.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    @rickybobby you should check out what the 300 club is. When it hits - 100 outside you go into a 200 degree sauna and then immediately run outside and circle the south pole. 
    "Cellsior - you've been inhaling too much early smoke, loaded with VOCs..... 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Eggcelsior
    Options
    "Cellsior - you've been inhaling too much early smoke, loaded with VOCs..... 
    What are you talking about Skiddy? I just got back from Colorado.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    There is something seriously wrong with you.  
  • Eggcelsior
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Yup. Especially since you do this run naked. The moisture on your skin freezes almost instantly.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    We're at the other end of the scale here 31c for Christmas Day , still find it weird after being here for 7 yrs having Christmas dinner in the sunshine and wearing shorts.
    That is messed up. I was in NZ for the mellenium new year's eave.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Yup. Especially since you do this run naked. The moisture on your skin freezes almost instantly.

All I could think of was this: