Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost football season, so we’re perfecting our favorite tailgating and homegating recipes! Whether you like hamburgers, wings, brats, ribs or something cooked with beer, we have everything you’ll need for the perfect tailgate party. We always like inviting friends to join our tailgates because the EGG is about community and having fun, so make sure if you’re inviting company you make extra - the food will be gone before you know it! Don't forget dessert, either!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: I have been good for Austin

Recently, I was lambasted on this forum for causing the drought because I moved to Austin on August 1.  That may be true, but you should consider the whole story.  See newspaper article below.

Certainly, my direct purchases were a large part of this increase, but also consider the domino effect from those who have turned to drink from the depression of having me as their neighbor.

You're welcome.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
Just west of Austintatious

Comments

• EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,542
    VI, you are a godsend for Austinites. The trickle down effects will be wonderful. More public service employees(cops) to arrest CT for his debauchery. Increased funds to the hospital for liver transplants... You ARE the economic stimulus we needed!
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,368
    Did UT start early this year?
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • bud812bud812 Posts: 1,460
    Job well done my friend. <:-P

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,504
    This is your liver speaking: Please STOP......................
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,355
    Not to mention all the additional revenue to the city and lawyers with the accompanying increase in DUI arrests....

• SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 7,190
    You have just moved and the results are almost immediate. Well done! Do you think you could lead a seminar explaining your techniques to the members of Congress?
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,670
    Whatever liquor revenue your presence has benefited Austin the damage to the grocery business from making your own vanilla extract and giving it away is hurting HEB
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • sumoconnellsumoconnell Posts: 1,029
    We also changed ACL to span 2 weekends because of your presence.  One weekend wasn't enough  for VI.

We're also debating adding a 4th "fun" to fun fun fun fest.
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Austin, Texas.  I'm the guy holding a beer.
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,364
    Keep up the good work Gary

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• A liquor sales seminar for Congress? That's like a dog explaining to other dogs: "You lay down like this and then you lift your back leg, see? And then you..."

VI and Congress. Swilling booze and increased liquor sales come naturally.

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

We invented the U.A.W. and carjacking!

• I feel the love.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• calikingcaliking Posts: 7,127
    Wait... The deer are drinking now???

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • VI, I love ya man. Forget congress. If you ever decide to teach an Asian cooking seminar, eggheads far and wide would show up!

........................................................................................

Flint, Michigan.  Named the most dangerous city in America by the F.B.I. three years running.

• My consumption is up double digits. My back hurts from carrying this town.............

bunch of quitters if you ask me.

That's my motto too. I never drink more than I can carry

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,069

Seeing as how you are in Austin (or outside of it) now Gary, will you be drinking any of this stuff this weekend?

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Griffin said:

Seeing as how you are in Austin (or outside of it) now Gary, will you be drinking any of this stuff this weekend?

It seems they are almost having to give away tickets for the game.  OU owns the Longhorns.  Also, I've seen just about as many Aggie t-shirts here as Teasips.  Probably not true in Austin proper though.  Hmmm. I have yet to see a Baylor T.

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Griffin said:

It seems they are almost having to give away tickets for the game.  OU owns the Longhorns.  Also, I've seen just about as many Aggie t-shirts here as Teasips.  Probably not true in Austin proper though.  Hmmm. I have yet to see a Baylor T.

That's because you don't hang out in places Baylor grads would find respectable. 

• I wonder if I can get exclusive distribution rights in Michigan if they brewed Ohio State Suks beer? Lots of cash could be had!

• That's my motto too. I never drink more than I can carry
    Me too........wait, do you count your car or just on your person? 

I drive a pickup and of course I count that. I never said anything about in one trip either.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• I drive a pickup and of course I count that. I never said anything about in one trip either.
    Ok- then me too. didn't want to sell myself short over ticky tack interpretations  

• nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 15,355
    Now if only the Longhorns winning record could increase as much as alcohol sales....

Mack Brown Texas Horns up2.jpg

I drive a pickup and of course I count that. I never said anything about in one trip either.
    Ok- then me too. didn't want to sell myself short over ticky tack interpretations  
    You are my idol! Too bad ya can't cook briskets.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Now if only the Longhorns winning record could increase as much as alcohol sales....

Mack Brown Texas Horns up2.jpg
    Amen. been a rough few years. Mack is a great dude though. This may be his last run but he's had a good run.

• I drive a pickup and of course I count that. I never said anything about in one trip either.
    You are my idol! Too bad ya can't cook briskets.
    One day........... [-O<

• henapplehenapple Posts: 14,670
    Keep Austin weird... I believe vi will keep that going.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • henapple said:
    Keep Austin weird... I believe vi will keep that going.
    I'm here to help. :D

Dripping Springs, Texas.

• Welcome to Austin. What part of town did you settle in? Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.