Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Sous Vide Short Ribs

cazzycazzy Posts: 4,523
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
I dusted off my Polyscience Immersion Circulator and decided I'd give short ribs a try.  Nola gave me advice throughout and the meal was a hit!  Thanks bruh!  

Seasoned the short ribs with S&P, then vacuum sealed them and sous vide them for 68 hours @145.

Pulled them out, threw them in a cold water bath (still in the bag).  Then, I took out the bones and threw them in the juices for the sauce.  Meanwhile, I tossed the de-boned short ribs in the fridge (per nola's advice).

I seasoned everything again, then cooked them raised direct (flipped once) till they looked done.  I would have temp checked them, but I was busy making mashed potatoes and veggies.

Amazing meal!  I didn't add the veggies to the pic because I didn't have time to think how to plate them properly.  lol

So good!

Comments