Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sous Vide Short Ribs

Options
cazzy
cazzy Posts: 9,136
edited October 2013 in EggHead Forum
I dusted off my Polyscience Immersion Circulator and decided I'd give short ribs a try.  Nola gave me advice throughout and the meal was a hit!  Thanks bruh!  

Seasoned the short ribs with S&P, then vacuum sealed them and sous vide them for 68 hours @145.

Pulled them out, threw them in a cold water bath (still in the bag).  Then, I took out the bones and threw them in the juices for the sauce.  Meanwhile, I tossed the de-boned short ribs in the fridge (per nola's advice).

I seasoned everything again, then cooked them raised direct (flipped once) till they looked done.  I would have temp checked them, but I was busy making mashed potatoes and veggies.

Amazing meal!  I didn't add the veggies to the pic because I didn't have time to think how to plate them properly.  lol

So good!
Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments