Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

How do you cook feet

Options
2»

Comments

• Greeno55
    Greeno55 Posts: 635
    Options
    After university I taught in Korea, and had chicken feet. Not as bad as you'd think. One thing I refused to try, and I ate a lot of strange things, was a dish of chicken anus. Yes, not a hilarious autocorrect moment. It was a plate of chicken anus. Koreans waste NOTHING.
    LBGE (2012), MiniMax (2014), and too many Eggcessories to list.  - Sudbury, Ontario
  • GK59
    GK59 Posts: 501
    Options
    I ate a lot of feet as a kid. My Dad was a butcher at the corner market . Wednesday was when they killed and dressed the birds.Sunday chicken dinners all ways had chicken soup with the feet. 

Can't say I'd eat them now. They did add to the soup flavor.

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    EggRacer said:
    I just think of all the chicken poop those feet have walked on...
    Doesn't bother me at all.  Ever seen a cattle feed lot or a hog confinement?  Most of the time they're rolling around in $hit.  That ain't gonna keep me from eating beef or pork.

Mike 

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • egger ave
    egger ave Posts: 721
    Options
    I cooked them at Salado in honor of Spring Chicken. Used soy sauce, ginger, green onion, rice wine, star anise, salt and pepper marinated for a couple of hours and then brushed on during the cook. They are eaten all over the world and are quite tasty..
    1 Large BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 1 Minimax BGE, Original wife and 3 dogs living in the heart of BBQ country in Round Rock Texas. 

"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."

Albert Einstein
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    I ate pickled pig's feet as a kid all the time, just realized I haven't had it in decades.

Gotta run!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    egger ave said:
    I cooked them at Salado in honor of Spring Chicken. Used soy sauce, ginger, green onion, rice wine, star anise, salt and pepper marinated for a couple of hours and then brushed on during the cook. They are eaten all over the world and are quite tasty..

Thank you. Have wondered about that for two years. No, did not get on. Maybe next year for sure.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.