Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re halfway through National Barbecue Month and loving every minute of it. We hope you’ve had some time to try out some new recipes and enjoy a few old favorites as well. If you’d a couple tips on smoking meat, check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Have a great rest of May & get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

lemon chicken following new Cooks Illustrated Summer Grilling Mag . .

NDGNDG Posts: 1,186
just picked up the new summer grilling edition of COOKS ILLUSTRATED and tried lemon chicken and it was Great.  First time I have "basted" anything on the egg, but I will repeat for sure!
Columbus, Ohio
·

Comments

• MickeyMickey Posts: 16,266
    Sure looks good
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 6,775
    Nice! How was the lemon flavor? Strong or subtle?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
    ·
  • KetchKetch Posts: 4
    I saw this in Cooks Illustrated as well.  Will try it too
    Gettin' a little better everyday
    ·
  • NDGNDG Posts: 1,186
    @caliking . . the lemon favor was apparent and really gave it a "fresh" taste, but much more so on the drumsticks than the large breasts. you grill them for 20 minutes, take them off and put them in the bath of lemon juice olive oil garlic rosemary - then back on the grill with constant basting (same mixture) until intrrnal temperature hit. it was very unique and seemed appropriate for summer!
    Columbus, Ohio
    ·
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,285
    My mom used to do a lemon chicken. It was more like a braise in a creamy sauce but the two flavours work well together

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Z_EggineerZ_Eggineer Posts: 564
    Cool, I am glad to see they are using APL technique.
    ·
  • cheech5001cheech5001 Posts: 102
    I have cooked this recipe since it was first published about 10 years ago in CI- and it is fantastic!!
    ·