Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

lemon chicken following new Cooks Illustrated Summer Grilling Mag . .

Options
NDG
NDG Posts: 2,431
just picked up the new summer grilling edition of COOKS ILLUSTRATED and tried lemon chicken and it was Great.  First time I have "basted" anything on the egg, but I will repeat for sure!
Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Sure looks good
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Nice! How was the lemon flavor? Strong or subtle?

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Ketch
    Ketch Posts: 4
    Options
    I saw this in Cooks Illustrated as well.  Will try it too
    Gettin' a little better everyday
  • NDG
    NDG Posts: 2,431
    Options
    @caliking . . the lemon favor was apparent and really gave it a "fresh" taste, but much more so on the drumsticks than the large breasts. you grill them for 20 minutes, take them off and put them in the bath of lemon juice olive oil garlic rosemary - then back on the grill with constant basting (same mixture) until intrrnal temperature hit. it was very unique and seemed appropriate for summer!
    Columbus, OH

“There are only two ways to live your life.  One is as though nothing is a miracle.  The other is as if everything is” 
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    My mom used to do a lemon chicken. It was more like a braise in a creamy sauce but the two flavours work well together

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Z_Eggineer
    Z_Eggineer Posts: 576
    Options
    Cool, I am glad to see they are using APL technique.
  • cheech5001
    cheech5001 Posts: 102
    Options
    I have cooked this recipe since it was first published about 10 years ago in CI- and it is fantastic!!