Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What's for dinner??

My wife and I needed some alone time and she was dying to get out of the house (plus we had a showing).

Dropped the little one off at mawmaw's and took the misses to her favorite Chinese place. Great date! My wife's been on modified bed rest with our latest pregnancy. gonna be a long nine months!!!

If you didn't know, RO is on sale 10$ for 17.5 lbs at wall mart and cowboy is 9.99 for 20 lbs at lowes. I grabbed a few cowboy to try this weekend.

Oh well! What did y'all egg??

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

The RO is on sale till end of month so I might grab some of that if cowboy stinks. But I think it is new and improved.

XLBGE 

Comments

• r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Good luck with the pregnancy. What # is this?

We had garlic Parmesan wings (thanks @griffin) and sweet chili wings. They were excellent. Used the 30-20-10 method.

No pics.
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Scottborasjr
    Scottborasjr Posts: 3,494
    I echo everything @hapster said, my wife wasn't completely put on bed rest this early but the second little one came about 5 weeks early and was a robust 4 pounds 6 ounces.  Now a healthy 18 pound ten month old. Blessed as well

As far as egging, nothing tonight as the eldest child had his end of the year party at school so I just ran down to the bar after that..7:30 pm and took advantage of taco Tuesday special.  I can guarantee I will try one of the chicken cooks in the throwdown thread that went beyond my K.I.S.S. wings that was the first cook in the thread.
    I raise my kids, cook and golf.  When work gets in the way I'm pissed, I'm pissed off 48 weeks a year.
    Inbetween Iowa and Colorado, not close to anything remotely entertaining outside of football season. 
  • MrCookingNurse
    MrCookingNurse Posts: 4,665
    This is baby number 2. Got a 15 month baby girl that came a month early on valentines day, we spent a week in the nicu and some time on a vent but she is a glorious 30 lbs now!!

Amazing story @hapster ! Such a blessing. We are makin it good. Daddy is just busy! SWMBO went on bed rest at 27 weeks last time, but we didn't have a wild one year old. We started this journey bleeding at 7 weeks. But all is well with the baby. She's just taking it easy hoping it'll resolve. 10 weeks now and go back to the doctor Thursday.

Ill be egging a spatchcok chicken this weekend !

XLBGE 
  • Kosko
    Kosko Posts: 535
    Hap, that choked me up a little it. Awesome bro!
    Peachtree City, Ga Large BGE
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,646
    That's awesome Hap! Such a beautiful angel

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    @MCN: good luck with everything. Sending lots of positive vibes yours and Mrs. MCN's way.

@hapster: NICU's are pricey... but kids?...yep, priceless. So good to see that your lil girl is doing so well.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • @hapster, we were fortunate enough not to have any trouble when my wife was pregnant with our Evangeline.  I can't imagine going through that.  You're a strong man, and clearly a great dad.  I had just looked in on our little one - not quite 14 weeks old - when I got to this thread, and I'm not ashamed to say that I got more than a bit choked up looking at the picture of you and 8-day-old Elise.

@MrCookingNurse: good man!  Hope wife and baby stay healthy and happy - the Egg-cooked meals should ensure that.

Tonight, we didn't Egg - my wife made a great spaghetti carbonara, which we promptly devoured with plenty of Dale's Pale Ale (kiddo is in bed by 8pm and sleeps until 7am like clockwork right now - what an angel - so we eat late but drink well).  Next cook is probably first-time pizza on Friday.  Wife's taking the lead on this one, so I'll post pics on her behalf after the cook.

[Northern] Virginia is for [meat] lovers.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    MCN - Good stuff man...take care of her bro!  Feed her whatever she want's or we'll make you spend christmas with chrisnjenn!

Hap - Damn bro...that's amazing.  You definitely are blessed.  My 14 year old was 4 lbs 4 oz and I thought she was small.  Incredible stuff, just plain beautiful.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    Wow, Amazing! +1 on choked up.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • cazzy
    BTW MCN, i've tried Cowboy and hated it and i've pretty much heard the same from others!  I would return it...just saying.
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    @cazzy I think that is a great call going forward.  My wife and I decided with both our boys that no matter the outcome it would not 'sway', as you say, our decision to have the child, so we had not additional testing.  Beautiful little girl you have there.  

I would love to post pics of my boys but I am very protective of their pictures on the 'net.  I hate that my wife post pics of them on Facebook!  They are both adorable and both completely different from each other.  

@hapster I didn't watch your video because I not really sure that I want to process what you guys went through.  I will say it is absolutely amazing that someone so small could grow up to be so big in the next picture! 
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• tulocay
    tulocay Posts: 1,737
    Not sure how the reply is going, but I can certainly relate. My daughter was born at 26 weeks and 5 days and weighed 1,7 lbs. She spent 98 days in the NICU. Came home on her approx due date and weighed 6 lbs. She is doing great and if I knew how to post a pic, I would. This was 7 years ago. She does love my BBQ and we love her soooo much.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • hapster
    hapster Posts: 7,503
    tulocay said:

Not sure how the reply is going, but I can certainly relate. My daughter was born at 26 weeks and 5 days and weighed 1,7 lbs. She spent 98 days in the NICU. Came home on her approx due date and weighed 6 lbs. She is doing great and if I knew how to post a pic, I would. This was 7 years ago. She does love my BBQ and we love her soooo much.

That's awesome... Get those pics posted :)

God bless you and your family! NICUs are helping miracles everyday...
  • tulocay
    I've got a pic on the iPad now. Any quick advice on how to post a pic?
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • cazzy
    tulocay said:
    I've got a pic on the iPad now. Any quick advice on how to post a pic?
    From a iPad, upload it to Photobucket or something similar, then post the HTML link.
  • tulocay
    Thanks. I will work on this tomorrow. It is important to share all success stories, especially micro premies.
    LBGE, Marietta, GA
  • SaltySam
    SaltySam Posts: 887

I notice so many commonalities in this forum.  Love of family, love of good food, intelligence, ingenuity, an appreciation for nature, tradition...I love everything about it.  I'm proud to be part of it.  Hap, MCN, and really everyone on here...you're all gems.  

On a slightly less emotional note, Menards has 8.8lb bags of Royal Oak for $5.98.  I'll be stocking up.   

LBGE since June 2012

Omaha, NE

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited May 2013
    MCN - all the best to you and the better half.
    We are the "MawMaw's" our kids drop the grandkids off at - pretty amazing to see them so much. 
    Last year our 4th grandchild was born, weighed about 3 pounds, gave us quite a scare. Spent the first 3 months including Christmas in the NICU. SWMBO was finally able to hold her after a couple of weeks. She is a going concern as she tears into her first BD cake. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    BTW - dinner last night was Cazzy's Wings and crash taters. 

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!