Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Redneck Ceramic Cap Retainer Mod

It has bothered me for some time that the design of the BGE allows for the ceramic cap to fall crashing to the ground if one is not careful when opening the egg. If I'm not the doofus to forget to hold the cap in place when opening the egg, I'm sure one of my guests would be.

While at Costco this past weekend, I noticed their kamado cooker (the Vision?) has clips on the inner side of the cap to keep it in place. After pondering for the last few days, it dawned on me. I started with that great tool and the basis for many bbq mods - the lowly wire hanger which my dry cleaner puts my shirts on. 

Three bends later, this is what I had:

Works great as is. Will make one for the small egg as well. Next step is to get some steel rod from HD and put my formidable bending skills to use :) 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments