Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

so far ot ...pet peeves.

henapple
henapple Posts: 16,025
Yesterday i rang someone's pet peeve on here and it got me to thinking...what's yours?

Mine:

When you open a door for a lady and she doesn't say thank you.

When the guy at the store decides to buy 14 different lotto tickets...

When you flash your lights to let a tractor trailer driver know he can get over and doesn't say thanks...

When that lady at the grocery store pushes here loaded buggy into the 10 items or less line...and uses coupons.

What can i say...I'm irritable.
Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 

Comments

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    When people use the words "literally" and "obviously" when they aren't applicable. Also, when someone starts a sentence with "honestly."

Good timing, I was just complaining this morning about these.
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • JRWhitee
    JRWhitee Posts: 5,678
    People that are in such a hurry to pull out in front of you and then don't go the speed limit.

Johns Creek, Georgia
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    My biggest peeve is stupid people. I can deal with ignorance but stupid people really piss me off. Especially the ones who think they know it all. Also people who lie about stuff trying to make themselves look good when in all reality it makes them look like a bigger dumbass.

Sorry but you asked.

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited March 2013
    spelling, punctuation and other sorts of grammar

YOLO

"just sayin".... When the interwebs crash as you're trying to post something awesome on your desktop, making you try to remember it on your phone.... . God, I hate the internet.
  • henapple
    @nolaegghead...another is seeing people pour out a perfectly good coke zero...
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Sometimes I'll drink it down before adding the bourbon, but that ends up diluting the bourbon in my belly :D
    My grammar sucks so, you probably, hate "most of": my post.

I also hate yolo.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    People that call my Vespa a Harley.  Burns me up.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• henapple
    @village idiot...another is guys that make cool videos and leave me out.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

YOLO

"just sayin".... When the interwebs crash as you're trying to post something awesome on your desktop, making you try to remember it on your phone.... . God, I hate the internet.
    Is it appropriate to use a period after an ellipsis? :))

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • six_egg
    six_egg Posts: 1,110
    edited March 2013

henapple said:

Mine: When you open a door for a lady and she doesn't say thank you. 
    When you flash your lights to let a tractor trailer driver know he can get over and doesn't say thanks.
    When that lady at the grocery store pushes here loaded buggy into the 10 items or less line...and uses coupons. What can i say...I'm irritable.

I agree and have more.

People that drive in the left lane and do not get over. Even when the sign reads slower traffic stay right. State law.

Getting Passed you up in the left lane then cutting in front of you breaking to get off at the next exit.

Texting while driving.

XLBGE, LBGE 

Fernandina Beach, FL

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    People that call my Vespa a Harley.  Burns me up.
    VI when he is not drinking.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    henapple said:
    @village idiot...another is guys that make cool videos and leave me out.

=))  Yeah, that happened to me too.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• TonyA
    TonyA Posts: 583

People who ask how you would do something then proceed to tell you all about how they would never do it that way. You asked for my opinion; I'm not looking for a debate over its merit.  
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    **** drivers period... people that pass you and give you an eat **** look and then they have to slam on the brakes for a redlight.... people who dont use blinkers..... people who constantly toot their own horn in the workplace... fake elevator talk at work... people who take young crying babies on planes...
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    edited March 2013
    caliking said:

YOLO

"just sayin"....

When the interwebs crash as you're trying to post something awesome on your desktop, making you try to remember it on your phone.... .

God, I hate the internet.

Is it appropriate to use a period after an ellipsis? :))

Yes, when the omitted words end the sentence. Stupid interwebs crashed at work and half my post was deleted along with effing up the format of my last 3 thoughts. Stupid interwebs messed up my joke about everything that is "wrong" with the interwebs!

Bahhh! X(

Oh I also hate when certain videos buffer at the wrong times, if you know what I mean....
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109
    check writers.
  • I can't beleive I haven't made the list yet!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • shtgunal3 said:

My biggest peeve is stupid people. I can deal with ignorance but stupid people really piss me off. Especially the ones who think they know it all. Also people who lie about stuff trying to make themselves look good when in all reality it makes them look like a bigger dumbass.

Sorry but you asked.

I hate when people gossip about you. Take this guy @shtgunal3 . He was telling me the other day he can cook a good pizza. I says "BS! The 3rd letter in your name should be an "I". I can out pizza you & serve up a world class pie in 3 minutes." Now he says he would like to see that. So I whip up my award winning dough in 5 minutes while the Egg is heating. "Don't use lighter fluid you moron! You'll contaminate my Egg!" I socked him in the nose and told him to be quiet, I know what I'm doing. By this time the Egg was nuclear. I opened it quickly and had a nice fireball. It was ready! I put the pie on and shut the lid. Three minutes later I pull off a perfectly blackened pie. "This tastes like sh!t and my Egg is ruined!" He was lying because my superior culinary skills intimidated him. You just can't teach some people.
    Flint, Michigan
  • rontho
    rontho Posts: 109

oh yeah, cen tex

• canegger
    canegger Posts: 540
    people who speed up when you are trying to pass them and then slow down after.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    edited March 2013
    <P>EggHeads who win ManGrates at EggFests and don't acknowledge the winning. </P>
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Eggcelsior
    My biggest peeve is when CT and VI leave the forum.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522

I can't beleive I haven't made the list yet!

Wait for it.....it will happen!
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • My biggest peeve is when CT and VI leave the forum.

That's it. I'm outa here!

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX