Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

OT: Shrinkage

njlnjl Posts: 804
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
Wife's tired of my attempts at smoked brisket, so we're doing one her way this time.

It's about half way done.  This was a really thick 7.6lb. flat from Costco.

Here's a before shot and an as it stands right now:

I'll update with more pics as we get there.

·

Comments

• I thought this was about swimming in cold water....Don't see you after shot, @njl?

8-|
    Delta B.C. - Vee-Gan: old Indian word for poor hunter. 
    ·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,202
    That oven must be very cold! Don't judge!
    ·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,277
    Was looking for old Seinfeld show :-B
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

·
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 11,202
    edited February 2013
    Mickey - we're on the same page, I see.

I was in the pool!
    ·
  • "You've never heard of shrinkage...come on!!!"
    ·
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 14,281
    What's shrinkage?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,672
    What's an oven?
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Lit said:
    What's an oven?
    An indoor appliance used for things that won't fit in a LBGE or when you're lazy and want easy temperature control without investing in electronics for the egg.  That roasting pan for instance...is not even close to "fitting in the LBGE" size.  Maybe it'd fit in an XL, but I don't have one.
    ·
  • LitLit Posts: 3,672
    I can't use my oven that's where I store my cast iron pans. I saw a episode of DDD where they braised a flat and made brisket tacos that looked great. Sure it will.come out good.
    ·
  • njlnjl Posts: 804
    Here it is just before the final stage of cooking.

Sides of potato and carrot are "built-in".
    ·