Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Large prices

AthensM50
AthensM50 Posts: 19
edited February 2013 in EggHead Forum
I have a store here in North Alabama that is getting 699.00 for naked egg.....no mates....no stand

About average?

Comments

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727
    That's what I paid in Houston in December 2012. LBGE with stock grid, daisy wheel, and rain cap. I didn't get the nest because I was afraid of it tipping over. I built a cart for it until I can get my act together and build a table. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • robnybbq
    robnybbq Posts: 1,911
    $800 in the NY/NJ area for just the Egg.

Garnerville, NY
  • Solson005
    Solson005 Posts: 1,911
    $750-$800 here in Oklahoma.
    Large & Small BGE, CGW Two-Tier Swing Rack for BOTH EGGS, Spider for the Wok, eggCARTen & and Cedar Pergola my Eggs call home in Edmond, OK. 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    We will have demo Large with Nest & Platesetter, lump for $749 in Salado this March
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• $799US in Bellingham Wa, or $1,099CDN in Vancouver BC for the large egg only. Looks like NY/NJ are the same as Washington. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • That's about low end average for naked egg.

SHOP AROUND!!!!

My dealer had a ten % off sale and I did naked LBGE and plate setter for 650.

Eggfest demo eggs are a great deal.

XLBGE 
  • shtgunal3
    shtgunal3 Posts: 5,629
    729.00 one hour south of you, I65 exit 308

LBGE,SBGE, and a Mini makes three......Sweet home Alabama........ Stay thirsty my friends .

• All egg prices are large!  :D

Wait till you start buying eggcessories!

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• I paid 645.00 for mine  in October...Balt/DC area
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • New distributer in North Florida has a large, with nest and plate setter $949.00
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    I paid 645.00 for mine  in October...Balt/DC area
    Where at? Anything with it?
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    I paid 42,580 Rupees for my large, except I paid with Federal Reserve Notes.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Eggcelsior
    edited February 2013
    You bought your Egg in India? ;)
  •  

That was price for Egg, Had i known then what I know now, I would have stopped there and added the AR to this and built myself a table...... but I didnt so I did pay another 52 for a plate setter and 125 for  a nest...they gave me rewards points on the purchase that I was able to put towards some other goodies and  they threw in a bag of BGE lump for free...so grand total was 822  (Egg, Nest, PS, bag of Lump)

As for where,  Contemporary Watercrafters in Gaithersburg--they have been very nice and I was in there the other day to grab a pizza stone and they told me they are having a 25% off sale the first two weeks in March (not on the eggs though).   Gave me the future sale price on the stone so again I was pleased to deal with them.

For what it's worth, I shopped around for months and the best deal I could find was in Ellicott City and I called this place since it was closer to me and they worked with me to essentially get the same deal.  

Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • Eggcelsior
    I'm in Frederick. I presume you mean Clark's Ace in EC? I am planning on a 2nd in the near future; thanks for doing my shopping around!  :D
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,727

That was price for Egg, Had i known then what I know now, I would have stopped there and added the AR to this and built myself a table...... but I didnt so I did pay another 52 for a plate setter and 125 for  a nest...they gave me rewards points on the purchase that I was able to put towards some other goodies and  they threw in a bag of BGE lump for free...so grand total was 822  (Egg, Nest, PS, bag of Lump)

As for where,  Contemporary Watercrafters in Gaithersburg--they have been very nice and I was in there the other day to grab a pizza stone and they told me they are having a 25% off sale the first two weeks in March (not on the eggs though).   Gave me the future sale price on the stone so again I was pleased to deal with them.

For what it's worth, I shopped around for months and the best deal I could find was in Ellicott City and I called this place since it was closer to me and they worked with me to essentially get the same deal.  

Man that is a sweet deal. About the best I have heard of/seen at least. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  •  

I'm in Frederick. I presume you mean Clark's Ace in EC? I am planning on a 2nd in the near future; thanks for doing my shopping around!  :D

I am in Middletown :)  Yes, Clarks was the cheapest and last time I was down that way I stopped in, nice selection......I think they had every size in stock and loads of other items. 
    Large BGE Middletown, MD
  • rtt121
    rtt121 Posts: 653
    robnybbq said:
    $800 in the NY/NJ area for just the Egg.
    I know of dealer in North Jersey selling for 699 and 899 for xl for limited time.

PM if interested in info.
    Medium, and XL eggs in Galloway NJ.  Just outside of Atlantic City.  
  • fannin
    fannin Posts: 18
    I'm also in the DC area and had my local dealer price match Clarks $799 price for a large Egg, place setter and nest. He also threw in a bag of charcoal. 
  • Just got mine in the DFW area for 900.  Large egg, plate setter, ash tool, and a bag of charcoal.  They assembled it and delivered it.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Chubbs said:
    I paid 42,580 Rupees for my large, except I paid with Federal Reserve Notes.
    Your Federal Reserve Note bounced........
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.