Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Maverick ET-732

Options
SeeingSpots
SeeingSpots Posts: 151
edited January 2013 in EggHead Forum
Got my new Maverick today and am having problems with the receiver updating.    It will sync for the first few minutes, then stop.  After the prescribed four minutes of not syncing, it starts the four second beeping (indicating it has lost sync).  Distance is not an issue, as I have the transmitter and receiver within 10 feet of each other.

So far, I'm frustrated with the product.  Anyone else ever have similar issues that were easily resolved?  Or is it user error?  

Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE

Comments

• SPRIGS
    SPRIGS Posts: 482
    Options
    Are you turning on the reciever first and then the transmitter shortly therefater?
    XL BGE
  • SeeingSpots
    Options

SPRIGS said:
    Are you turning on the reciever first and then the transmitter shortly therefater?
    I am doing that, per the instructions for registering the receiver and transmitter.  And it does register and sync for a variable period of time, then loses sync.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    try some new batteries.  that shouldn't be happening.  i will forget mine one for like a day after i use it and its still synced solid.
  • jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Try new batteries as already suggested. The cold weather runs the batteries down faster and if the unit had been sitting on a shelf for a while it could be weak batteries and cold weather. If no glory with fresh batteries I'd return it and get another one. That has never happened to me.
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    edited January 2013
    Options
    Agree with others here, this has not happened to me. I often use the receiver as a timer for my starter and if I do not turn on the transmitter right away, it will not sync. I just turn it off and start again, it is always there. 

If new batteries don't work, I'd return it. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    I think when you are syncing the receiver needs to be on before the transmitter.

Gerhard
  • SeeingSpots
    Options
    Well I changed the batteries in both devices with marginal success.  I can consistently reproduce the problem by taking the receiver outside of a 24 inch radius of the transmitter.   Boy that's some range!

Guess I'll be sending this one back.  Disappointing.
    Flowery Branch, GA  LBGE