Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WHO IS MANGRATE

Comments

• lwrehm
    lwrehm Posts: 381
    I am MANGREAT!  or better yet GREATMAN!

• Brownie
    Brownie Posts: 1,023
    Judging by the sear marks, I bet it's this guy....
  • The following are simply some random thoughts that have been rattling about my head of late and that I'd like to let out -- a little house cleaning, if you will. One of the first facts we should face is that Mangrate is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul. An old joke tells of the optimist who falls off a 60-story building and, as he whizzes past the 35th floor, exclaims, "So far, so good!" But it is not such blind optimism that causes Mangrate's coadjutors to think that they can promote mediocrity over merit. Mangrate embraces conformism with open arms. And if that seems like a modest claim, I disagree. It's the most radical claim of all. 

I use such language purposefully -- and somewhat sardonically -- to illustrate how Mangrate keeps trying to legitimize the fear and hatred of the privileged for the oppressed. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, it will really succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with quasi-devious, jaded rotters, Mangrate's deputies, or anyone else who fails to realize that Mangrate's prevarications are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, solecism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. If you've read this far, then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. Call me a cynic, but it is singularly apt that I haven't the foggiest idea why Mangrate wants to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity. The mere mention of that fact guarantees that this letter will never get published in any mass-circulation periodical that Mangrate has any control over. But that's inconsequential, because only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to Mangrate's manifestos. It applies to everything it says and does. 

What a cunning coup on the part of Mangrate's slaves, who set out to overthrow democratic political systems and got as far as they did without anyone raising an eyebrow. Mangrate does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when it says that it is not only acceptable, but indeed desirable, to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Mangrate loves getting up in front of people and telling them that it is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. It then boasts about how it'll impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior it disapproves of one day. It's all part of the media spectacle that is Mangrate. Of course, it soaks it up and wallows in it like a pig in mud. Speaking of pigs and mud, Mangrate's worshippers claim to have no choice but to remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, dim-witted dunderheads. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. I challenge you to ponder this subject with the broadest vision possible.

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757

It ought to be Stike.

No question about it.

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Aviator
    Aviator Posts: 1,757
    Or maybe BigGreenDave? Perhaps???

Large and Small BGE, Blackstone 36 and a baby black Kub.

Chattanooga, TN.

• Brownie
    Brownie said:
    Are those pork chop titties?????? That is disturbing. I need to wash my eyes out with bleach. 
    All I'm sayin is that the wife claims they taste better after Mangrates...
  • Brownie said:
    Brownie said:
    Are those pork chop titties?????? That is disturbing. I need to wash my eyes out with bleach. 
    All I'm sayin is that the wife claims they taste better after Mangrates...
    You are not making this any better.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    I, for one, do not believe that Mangrate exists, either in the greater sense or the lesser. I am an Eggsistentialist. Apologiies to St. Thomas Aquinas

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited January 2013
    The following are simply some random thoughts that have been rattling about my head of late and that I'd like to let out -- a little house cleaning, if you will. One of the first facts we should face is that Mangrate is an opportunist. That is, it is an ideological chameleon, without any real morality, without a soul. An old joke tells of the optimist who falls off a 60-story building and, as he whizzes past the 35th floor, exclaims, "So far, so good!" But it is not such blind optimism that causes Mangrate's coadjutors to think that they can promote mediocrity over merit. Mangrate embraces conformism with open arms. And if that seems like a modest claim, I disagree. It's the most radical claim of all. 

I use such language purposefully -- and somewhat sardonically -- to illustrate how Mangrate keeps trying to legitimize the fear and hatred of the privileged for the oppressed. And if we don't remain eternally vigilant, it will really succeed. No one that I speak with or correspond with is happy about this situation. Of course, I don't speak or correspond with quasi-devious, jaded rotters, Mangrate's deputies, or anyone else who fails to realize that Mangrate's prevarications are not an abstract problem. They have very concrete, immediate, and unpleasant consequences. For instance, solecism is not merely an attack on our moral fiber. It is also a politically motivated attack on knowledge. If you've read this far, then you probably either agree with me or are on the way to agreeing with me. Call me a cynic, but it is singularly apt that I haven't the foggiest idea why Mangrate wants to rally for a cause that is completely void of moral, ethical, or legal validity. The mere mention of that fact guarantees that this letter will never get published in any mass-circulation periodical that Mangrate has any control over. But that's inconsequential, because only the impartial and unimpassioned mind will even consider that the picture I am presenting need not be confined to Mangrate's manifestos. It applies to everything it says and does. 

What a cunning coup on the part of Mangrate's slaves, who set out to overthrow democratic political systems and got as far as they did without anyone raising an eyebrow. Mangrate does, occasionally, make a valid point. But when it says that it is not only acceptable, but indeed desirable, to commit confrontational, in-your-face acts of violence, intimidation, and incivility, that's where the facts end and the ludicrousness begins. Mangrate loves getting up in front of people and telling them that it is the ultimate authority on what's right and what's wrong. It then boasts about how it'll impose ideology, control thought, and punish virtually any behavior it disapproves of one day. It's all part of the media spectacle that is Mangrate. Of course, it soaks it up and wallows in it like a pig in mud. Speaking of pigs and mud, Mangrate's worshippers claim to have no choice but to remove society's moral barriers and allow perversion to prosper. I wish there were some way to help these miserable, dim-witted dunderheads. They are outcasts, lost in a world they didn't make and don't understand. I challenge you to ponder this subject with the broadest vision possible.
    Hokie, mind if I print off a few dozen copies of this?  I think it would be fun to slip them under some wiper blades in the Wal-Mart parking lot.  :D  Sounds like something I'd say to Roblox Studios http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=54958747 
    =))
    Ok - I've been rewiring a kitchen for friend, come home and find out we are now searching for the elusive Mangrate - ain't me.....

I still think it's Nola - he has enough distinct personalities to have at least 4 or 5 handles......

Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • FanOfFanboys
    FanOfFanboys Posts: 2,615
    Ok, so reading 'pork chop titties' is officially the worst thing I have ever read. And I read Hulk Hogan's autobiography.
    Boom
  • Ok, so reading 'pork chop titties' is officially the worst thing I have ever read. And I read Hulk Hogan's autobiography.

You're welcome
  • bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    It ain't NOLA. He's Sofa King !!!!

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• nolaegghead
    ...we todd did!

...we todd did!

I am
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Many Are Not Going to Realize All The Excitement iS Actually Real Exciting Fun And Never Totally Are Supposed To Incite Comment
    Are you saying MANGRATES ARE FANTASTIC?

Are you saying MANGRATES ARE FANTASTIC?
    Either that or I've seen enough comments.  Probably the Fantastic thing.
    edited January 2013
    Ok, so reading 'pork chop titties' is officially the worst thing I have ever read. And I read Hulk Hogan's autobiography.

. You're welcome
    promise when I meet you I will have pork chops on my titties. See who thanks who
    Boom
  • Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Mickey said:

"Who is Mangrate?"

The real question is, who isn't? If we really stop to think about it, isn't there a little Mangrate in us all? Peace, love, and Mangrate to all.  

XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • FanOfFanboys
    Mangrates is a mystery wrapped in an enigma!
    I had one of them once, couldn't hardly sit down for a week!

you swallowed mangrate? Some people charge for that. Illegal in a lot of places.
    Boom
  • Brownie

. You're welcome
    promise when I meet you I will have pork chops on my titties. See who thanks who
    Did this just turn to ManDate? What the????

I apologize. My joke took a turn for the worst, and I must say I'm sorry to all... (sigh) I didn't think pork chops on my titties could happen to me, but this is getting weird.
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    Brownie said:

I apologize. My joke took a turn for the worst, and I must say I'm sorry to all... (sigh) I didn't think pork chops on my titties could happen to me, but this is getting weird.

Getting weird......dude, it got weird when you posted that pic. I vomited a bit in my mouth when I saw that!  :-&
  • Brownie
    what's weird is that you keep looking
  • AleBrewer
    AleBrewer Posts: 555
    I know.....I can't help it.  I think I need help....
  • daffy1909
    daffy1909 Posts: 498

im confused!!!

• tazcrash
    tazcrash Posts: 1,852
    edited January 2013
    Brownie said:

what's weird is that you keep looking

Hope you don't mind, but I made it a coworkers wallpaper and screen saver.

Bx - > NJ ->TX!!! 
    All to get cheaper brisket! 
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    OK, I'm not going to read 89 posts on this subject, but reading the title just struck me that, just as Mangrate starts to stand up, one of his buds would jump to his feet and say "I'm Mangrate", then another "No, I'm Mangrate", and then they all stand and start shouting "I'm Mangrate."

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,958
    edited January 2013

. You're welcome

I will spend the rest of my life trying to never meet you. Pork chop titties creep me out