Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egghead Weightloss Competition

Comments

• Could I get a wallet size of Travis ?   :x

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• double
    double Posts: 1,214
    Sounds good to me.
    Lynnwood WA
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,674
    when they did the weight loss forum a few years back it was a little tough to get all the weights in on one day, maybe make the origional weigh in over say monday to wednesday just to get the most started. about half disapeared by the end of the third week
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • I like that idea.
  • cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    edited January 2013
    One more thought, since this was your idea, I nominate you to manage it.  I would rather email you pics and let you manage our entries.  I think this will prevent someone from competing because they're too self conscious to upload a fat pic for all to see.  After verification, you can post the participants and starting statistics (are you needing height too?).  Along with the paper, our eggheadforum user name should be written visibly somewhere.

When it's all said and done, you can post the before and after pics of all the winners.  Anyone else, who would like to share their progression would do so at this time too. 

Bottom line, not everyone will win a physical prize...the real prize really is whatever weight you lose.  These comps are meant to motivate and encourage but can get nasty so lets try to keep it fun.  Don't get mad when I CRUSH all of yall.  lol

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • I agree with you Cazzy. My plan was to figure out if anyone else wanted to join and I was going to manage the process. I figured I would send everyone a personal message to let them know the information and they can send me the photos. Once the deadline is reached I will post who is actually involved.

It would be fun to do weekly updates on everyone's weight loss as well.

I will be managing the process and loosing the weight but I don't think it is fair for me to be involved in actually winning a prize as a conflict of interest.
  • cazzy
    edited January 2013
    With that said, I guess I wouldn't mind having weekly weigh ins to motivate others since I will approach this a lil less competitively than previous comps.  However, weekly weigh ins will just end up being a lot more work.

Another winner can be "most visible change".  Say for instance, someone doesn't lose as much weight because they put on muscle.  They may not win off sheer numbers, but they will have a thinner waist and visibly look great!  Just a thought and maybe that can be voted on.
  • cazzy
    edited January 2013
    I agree with you Cazzy. My plan was to figure out if anyone else wanted to join and I was going to manage the process. I figured I would send everyone a personal message to let them know the information and they can send me the photos. Once the deadline is reached I will post who is actually involved.

I will be managing the process and loosing the weight but I don't think it is fair for me to be involved in actually winning a prize as a conflict of interest.
    Screw that, you're in the comp!  This isn't that serious so don't worry about conflict of interest.

There has to be some sort of honesty and integrity as this is a internet based comp.  A picture is worth a thousand words and you'll know if someones results are accurate based on the pics alone.  I highly encourage you to participate!  :)
  • I like the idea of the most changed, just need another prize for it. I have one more call to a company and we will see if they are interested or not.
  • Fair enough, I will compete. Anyway we can get this at the top of forum like a sticky or something for the forum to check up on every once in a while?
  • cazzy

Fair enough, I will compete. Anyway we can get this at the top of forum like a sticky or something for the forum to check up on every once in a while?
    I have never seen a sticky so I wouldn't count on it.  Use this to narrow down rules and prizes, then make a new thread with participants and info.  

It would be a good idea to post the prize specifics at some point as that will motivate folks.  ie, what is the grand prize, runner up etc.  

Thanks for doing this!
  • No problem, need to lose some fat myself so figured I would join some eggheads. I should know about all the prizes by tomorrow or Sunday at the latest so will post them as I know them.
  • No problem, need to lose some fat myself so figured I would join some eggheads. I should know about all the prizes by tomorrow or Sunday at the latest so will post them as I know them.
    Have you figured out how you are going to explain why you have pictues of a bunch of stripped down fat guys on your computer?  You may want to let someone know, God forbid something happen to you and your legacy is the pictures on your hard drive.
    :))

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Johnson, Navin R... Sounds like a typical bastard.

Belmont, NC

• ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    cazzy said:
    I agree with you Cazzy. My plan was to figure out if anyone else wanted to join and I was going to manage the process. I figured I would send everyone a personal message to let them know the information and they can send me the photos. Once the deadline is reached I will post who is actually involved.

Screw that, you're in the comp!  This isn't that serious so don't worry about conflict of interest.

There has to be some sort of honesty and integrity as this is a internet based comp.  A picture is worth a thousand words and you'll know if someones results are accurate based on the pics alone.  I highly encourage you to participate!  :)
    +1.  We have to have some trust.

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Count me in.  This sounds fun.  Might be the motivation I need to get after it.
    Have you figured out how you are going to explain why you have pictues of a bunch of stripped down fat guys on your computer?  You may want to let someone know, God forbid something happen to you and your legacy is the pictures on your hard drive.

=))

No honey I swear............oh never mind
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • I'm on a plane 6 am Monday so I'm going to have to prove the date another way. I'll take a screen shot off my computer or something. I was at 217 today and they way I plan to treat myself this weekend, I don't see that going down any :)

=))

Perhaps everyone needs to wear something like this, but also include your hard drive.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

=))

Perhaps everyone needs to wear something like this, but also include your hard drive.

that is awesome
  • double
    I like the open registration maybe even Sunday start for those with Crazy work weeks? With a Wednesday cut off.
    Lynnwood WA
  • Yea the wife knows about it, now if works sees them on my computer it might get reaaaaal interesting, ha ha ha.
  • Sunday Start would be best for me. Great week to start a weight loss program. I'll be in NYC all week entertaining customers on the corporate dime. 
  • double
    I need to hit it hard now so that my 5 days at Mardis Grad next month don't effect me to much!
    Lynnwood WA
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    This is where we need a dedicated forum...I'min
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • How about this a start between Sunday - Wednesday, send me a message of a front picture, side picture and a date (newspaper, computer, etc) and email it to me no later than Wednesday by 11:00pm Eastern Time. Competition will end with all results emailed to me no later than Monday April 1st (No April fools).
  • double
    And weight...
    Lynnwood WA
  • Yea, one minor detail, been a long short week apparently.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Is that pic clothed or naked?
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • I personally prefer clothed, if you send them otherwise I think I will mail you a pile of my vomit. :)
  • double
    And I was just asking my wife what happened to my leopard print speedo...
    Lynnwood WA