Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Oysters Rockefeller or St. Louis Style

Have you ever had Oysters Rockefeller that were raw underneath and topped with a burnt crust of cheese? Or how about St. Louis style Oysters that were simply a dried-out flavorless mess? Well, I think I've nailed it with the Big Green Egg!! So, this is my FIRST time cooking on the Big Green Egg (Christmas Gift) and they were BY FAR the best oysters I've ever had! Cooking at around 320 for 30 minutes seemed to be perfect. 

I prepared the filling with: chopped garlic, onion & chive cream cheese, grated parmesan cheese, shredded cheddar, bacon bits, mexican cheese, a shake of Old Bay Blackened, some Tobasco Chipotle to taste, and a good dose of horseradish sauce. (See Pictures Below) Put a scoop of the mix on top each raw oyser, then top everything with more shredded cheddar, bacon bits and a little chopped cilantro. (Traditional Rockefeller would use spinach). Also, i chopped up a tiny bit of chorizo sausage (uncooked) and put it in the oysters for a saltier taste on some of them.

For St. Louis style, I put a pad of butter on each oyster, then shredded parmesan

Of course, any mix of the above works very well. 

Also, on the BGE you'll see some halved jalepenos stuffed with the same mix, then wrapped with bacon. As always, be sure to scrape out the seeds and vein from the jalepenos first before stuffing!

Comments