Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Does the Prime Rib at Xmas get more posts than the Turkey at Thanksgiving?

Perhaps it's the near-term saturation but I'm thinking that there are more "Prime Rib" posts now than you see for turkey at Thanksgiving.  A factor may be the $$ invested in the roast far exceed the turkey$$-or have I had too many adult beverages?
Louisville;  L & S BGEs, PBC, Lang 36; Burnin' wood in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.

Comments

• Fly310Fly310 Posts: 13

"Too many adult beverages"  Thats some funny stuff right there!

Terry

• WolfpackWolfpack Posts: 2,487
    Like too much money, or a car too fast... Or so the song says
    Greensboro, NC
  • Us Canucks is cheap, the vast majority have turkey for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, of course we do have 6 weeks longer between the two dates than our American cousins. Ham is also popular for new years. I think standing rib is growing in popularity, there are sure a lot more posts on "prime" rib though.....
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
  • henapplehenapple Posts: 15,966
    Let's see...my turkey cost around $14 and my PR was about $100....nuff said...but, mass quantities of lager will be involved in both.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • yes. It's #1 for Easter and Chritmas. Buckle in
    Keeping it Weird in the ATX
    2 Large BGE &1 MiniMax BGE
    1- Large BGE
    1 Karubecue C60 (aka-"The Dishwasher")
    Roccbox-Blackstone 36
    More accessories than TFJ knows about and one more purchase from mandatory counciling
  • GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,617
    I do recall saying something around thanksgiving about all the prime rib posts that were going to be coming right about now.happens every year. I've always ignored them because I've never had to cook one, this year I'm paying attention.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 7,617
    and no, I think there were more turkey questions.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings