Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

We've been insulted.

13»

Comments

• Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    Great thread. 

From Charcuterie:

"I do not like
    Green Eggs
    and ham!

I do not like them,
    Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.
    SO you say.
    Try them! Try them!
    And you may.
    Try them and you may I say.

Sam!
    If you will let me be,
    I will try them.
    You will see.

Say!
    I like Green Eggs and ham!
    I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
    And I would eat them in a boat!
    And I would eat them with a goat...
    And I will eat them in the rain.
    And in the dark. And on a train.
    And in a car. And in a tree.
    They are so good so good you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
    And I will eat them with a fox.
    And I will eat them in a house.
    And I will eat them with a mouse.
    And I will eat them here and there.
    Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
    Green Eggs and ham!
    Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Sam-I-am

As is someone gently tapping, tapping at my chamber door

Some visitor, I muttered.  Only this and nothing more.

Quote the spatch-**** (insert poultry of choice), never more....

Egger Alan Poe

Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • LOL

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• And so it was that I found myself that foggy November evening pursing the Big Green Egg with all my heart glowing within me, and with the egger determination that not another day should elapse before I should find some low and slow that was worthy of my lady. But who--who in all this Sous Vide world could ever have imagined the incredible shape which that low and slow was to take, or the strange steps by which I was led to the doing of it?  "The Lost World" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • "I have seen something of this world," she said over the crowded trays, "and there are but two sorts of women in it - those who take the egg'in smoke out of a man and those who put it back. Once I was that one, and now I am this." Rudyard Eggling.
  • Never laugh at an air starved Egg

apologies to Tolkien (Never laugh at live dragons)
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    "The egg police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set thermapen into a bowl of water--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Eggcrime, they called it. Eggcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you." - George Eggwell, 1984
  • This is so cool. It also separates the readers from the rock biters. One of my favorite threads.
  • Eggcelsior
    "Suddenly there was a great burst of flame through the Darkness. The flame spread out and where it touched the arm hair the hair disappeared. The flame spread until the patch of hair had vanished, and there was only a gentle glowing, and through the glowing came the thought, clear and pure. Burp it next time, Dummy. "
    - Madeleine L'Egg, A Wrinkle in Egging
  • Tjcoley
    Tjcoley Posts: 3,551
    "The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience. Cook it low and slow.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
    Parallel Posts: 433
    Ehhh... I don't put much stock in the revisionist History Channel anyway.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
  • Eggcelsior
    "Whenever they's a fest so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a egg roasting' up a yardbird, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they egg an' grill on the tables they build-why, I'll be seeing it on the forum." - John Steinegg, The Grapes of Egging
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    edited November 2014
    It is time to enjoy this some more.

"Clairvoyant, Hornblower could foresee that in a year's time, the world would hardy remember the pulled pork. In twenty years, it would be entirely forgotten. Yet those headless corpses up there in Muzillac; those shattered redcoats; those Frenchmen caught in the four-pounder's blast of canister -- they were as dead as if it had been a day in which history had been changed.”
    C.S. Forester, Mr. Midshipman Hornblower and the Big Green Egg

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Eggcelsior
    Man, I missed this one so much!
  • Wilbur Larch relaxed and dreamed under the ether mask.  He was traveling through Africa in his dreams. 

Candy and Homer were quietly cooking on the BGE in the Cider House for the 270th time.

The Cider House Rules for Big Green Eggs.

• Doc_Eggerton
    Time to kick this one.

Carefully covering Liam Devil with his Cheska, Father Harry Cussane (AKA Soviet assassin Cú Chulainn) crossed swiftly to the BGE, and reaching into the open bag of Royal Oak withdrew a Walther PPK topped with a Carswell Silencer.

"Ah, me old sod," he said, "I know you too well.  We'll be having nothing of your Ace in the Hole."........

• Doc_Eggerton
    This has been sleeping a long time...……..

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,463
    For a few seconds Moon-Watcher stood uncertainly above his stalled brisket, trying to grasp the strange and wonderful fact that the dead cow could kill again.  Now he was master of the stall, and he was not quite sure what to do next.  
    But he would think of something.  

Arthur E. Clarke, XXL - A Space Odyssey  

Remember when teachers used to say 'You won't have a calculator everywhere you go'?  Well, we showed them.

• frazzdaddy
    frazzdaddy Posts: 2,617
    "It was all as I had left it except that now it was winter. I looked out of the door to the big deck and saw my friend sitting on his nest, the dome open and the sunlight coming into the DFMT. It was smoking and I did not know whether to go out and check the coals or go upstairs first and put on my apron. I decided to go upstairs."
    (Paraphrased)

Farewell to Eggs, Ernest Eggingway

This was a quote I was reminded of that will allow us Eggers time to reflect on this sad day.

A raised glass to you sir. Well said!
    Xl bge ,LG bge, two 4' crusher cone fire pits. Weber Genisis gasser and 
    Two rusty Weber kettles. 

Two Rivers Farm
    Moncure N.C.
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    This thread is gold. Well done all of you who have contributed. 

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• “Most of all he liked low and slow mutton kidneys which gave to his palate a fine tang of faintly scented urine and applewood”

One if the many reasons I miss Little Steven. 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Acn
    Acn Posts: 4,424
    Gatsby believed in the green egg, the orgastic brisket that year by year recedes before us.  It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will smoke slower, stretch out our lump farther...and then one fine dinner - So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

Egg Scott Fitzgerald

LBGE

Pikesville, MD

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,829
    edited July 2019
    • It was the best of Eggs, it was the worst of Eggs, it was the age of the overbearing buffalo, it was the age of Butt Blast, it was the epoch of indirect, it was the epoch of caveman, it was the season of salt, it was the season of saltfree rib rub, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Brisket Camp, we were all going direct the other way – in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being heard all the way to the petting zoo, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.

With apologies to Charles Dickens

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    One does not boil one's brisket.
          - Silence Doogood letter #15 (heretofore unpublished)
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    Thou shall not boil one's brisket.
          God via Moses via the 11th Commandment
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by,
    From this day to the ending of the world,
    But we in it shall be rememberèd—
    We few, we happy few, we band of eggers;
    For he to-day that eggs with me
    Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile,
    This day shall gentle his condition;
    And gentlemen in England now a-bed
    Shall think themselves accurs'd they were not here,
    And hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks
    That egged with us upon Saint Crispin's day.

Henry V, William Eggspeare
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95