Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone enjoyed their Fourth of July weekend and is excited for more warm weather grilling! This week, we’ll be making these two burgers: Stuffed Portobello Mushroom and Caribbean Chicken, and also eating lots of these Ice Cream Sandwiches in honor of National Ice Cream Month! It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

We've been insulted.

13»

Comments

• TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 2,785
    Great thread. 

From Charcuterie:

"I do not like
    Green Eggs
    and ham!

I do not like them,
    Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.
    SO you say.
    Try them! Try them!
    And you may.
    Try them and you may I say.

Sam!
    If you will let me be,
    I will try them.
    You will see.

Say!
    I like Green Eggs and ham!
    I do!! I like them, Sam-I-am!
    And I would eat them in a boat!
    And I would eat them with a goat...
    And I will eat them in the rain.
    And in the dark. And on a train.
    And in a car. And in a tree.
    They are so good so good you see!

So I will eat them in a box.
    And I will eat them with a fox.
    And I will eat them in a house.
    And I will eat them with a mouse.
    And I will eat them here and there.
    Say! I will eat them ANYWHERE!

I do so like
    Green Eggs and ham!
    Thank you!
    Thank you,
    Sam-I-am

As is someone gently tapping, tapping at my chamber door

Some visitor, I muttered.  Only this and nothing more.

Quote the spatch-cock (insert poultry of choice), never more....

Egger Alan Poe

Marietta, East Cobb, GA
  • LOL
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

• And so it was that I found myself that foggy November evening pursing the Big Green Egg with all my heart glowing within me, and with the egger determination that not another day should elapse before I should find some low and slow that was worthy of my lady. But who--who in all this Sous Vide world could ever have imagined the incredible shape which that low and slow was to take, or the strange steps by which I was led to the doing of it?  "The Lost World" by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • "I have seen something of this world," she said over the crowded trays, "and there are but two sorts of women in it - those who take the egg'in smoke out of a man and those who put it back. Once I was that one, and now I am this." Rudyard Eggling.
  • Never laugh at an air starved Egg

apologies to Tolkien (Never laugh at live dragons)
    Eggin in SW "Keep it Weird" TX
  • EggcelsiorEggcelsior Posts: 8,259
    "The egg police would get him just the same. He had committed--would have committed, even if he had never set thermapen into a bowl of water--the essential crime that contained all others in itself. Eggcrime, they called it. Eggcrime was not a thing that could be concealed forever. You might dodge successfully for a while, even for years, but sooner or later they were bound to get you." - George Eggwell, 1984
  • This is so cool. It also separates the readers from the rock biters. One of my favorite threads.
    "Suddenly there was a great burst of flame through the Darkness. The flame spread out and where it touched the arm hair the hair disappeared. The flame spread until the patch of hair had vanished, and there was only a gentle glowing, and through the glowing came the thought, clear and pure. Burp it next time, Dummy. "
    - Madeleine L'Egg, A Wrinkle in Egging
  • TjcoleyTjcoley Posts: 2,785
    "The strongest of all warriors are these two — Time and Patience. Cook it low and slow.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
    Ehhh... I don't put much stock in the revisionist History Channel anyway.

Every time my elbow bends my mouth flies open.
    "Whenever they's a fest so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Whenever they's a egg roasting' up a yardbird, I'll be there... I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad an'-I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry an' they know supper's ready. An' when our folks eat the stuff they egg an' grill on the tables they build-why, I'll be seeing it on the forum." - John Steinegg, The Grapes of Egging