We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet
for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page
for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication
for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast
Thanksgiving morning either!
Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.
I'm having trouble maintaining the correct temperature when smoking. This is the procedure I am using and, obviously, something is wrong with it:
- Get the BGE up to around 650ºF (turkey this time)
- Open the BGE
- Add wet wood chips
- Add the place setter, legs up.
- Place the turkey in a pan on top of the place setter
- Close the BGE.
- Leave the bottom vent open
- Shut the daisy wheel as far as possible to retain the smoke
- If necessary to keep the smoke from escaping, shut the vent a little.
- Try to keep it at least 225ºF during the smoking stage.
The problem is that the fire is choked and often takes forever to get back up while I try to keep the smoke going.
Do you have a better "recipe" for smoking? Mine stinks.