Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

(Kind of OT) All I want for Christmas is...

What is on your list for Christmas wishes (both egg and non egg)? Mine are:

- PSwoo3
- Welders gloves
- Maverick ET732
- Cast Iron Dutch oven for the egg
- I need some new shaving soap for straight razor shaving
- New Cordless Drill
- Kreg Pocket Hole Jig System

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,668
    already started filling my xmas list, 2 zippo handwarmers, 3 greg austin custom jigging rods on the way, do need a bar of mitchells woolfat soap but im just buying it, its not a xmas wish
    :))
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Mitchells is the bomb for soap! Though I have been enjoy Pre De Prevonce for the last year.
  • I want a new Zeebaas reel  and custom Century rod!  

Dear Santa, 
    I have been a good boy this year.

Jim
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231
    I'm going to pick up a D.O. this weekend.  I got SWMBO excited about a chili recipe and then broke the news that we needed a D.O. to cook it.  

SUCCESS!
    Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • fishlessman
    I want a new Zeebaas reel  and custom Century rod!  

Dear Santa, 
    I have been a good boy this year.

Jim

i want one too
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Anyone ever cook a Striped Bass on the egg? :D
  • fishlessman
    Anyone ever cook a Striped Bass on the egg? :D
    on a bed of rockweed saterated with a margarita, very good. the rockweed gets crispy on the edges, you can eat that too
    :D
    fukahwee maine

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200

Coal...Lump charcoal. Ok, not really.

Vertical Sausage Stuffer

Meat slicer

Adjustable Rig from Ceramic Grill Store

and guns. Lots and lots of guns.:D which won't happen.  :(

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• My LBGE that I got a few months ago was my Christmas present and I couldn't be happier, but if I had to add something it would be a SBGE.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Hmmm...maybe a small or medium BGE.  And world peace, and for dogs and cats to like each other, and, and....

BTW.....who is this person "ayayron" adding those disagree and OT flags to certain member's posts ?

• newegg13 said:
    I'm going to pick up a D.O. this weekend.  I got SWMBO excited about a chili recipe and then broke the news that we needed a D.O. to cook it.  
    I used the same scenario on SWMBO last month! My new DO arrived a couple of weeks ago!
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • 'd like a new egg but that won't fit down the chimney or under the tree. 

BTW.....who is this person "ayayron" adding those disagree and OT flags to certain member's posts ?

don't worry about either of those guys. They don't exist
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Hmmm...maybe a small or medium BGE.  And world peace, and for dogs and cats to like each other, and, and....
    Perfect, in addition to a small BGE I was about to ask for world peace, knew one of the science buffs would have it on their list. As for the dogs and cats getting to like each other, my dog likes cats and as @Little_Steven commented on the possum, she prefers her cats indirect 350 dome. 

No offence meant to the cat lovers, including Nola.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • newegg13
    newegg13 Posts: 231

newegg13 said:
    I used the same scenario on SWMBO last month! My new DO arrived a couple of weeks ago!
    Where did you get it and what kind?  I'm impatient, so I may just go to Academy and pick up a Lodge.  Any input on brands, prices, etc. is welcome from all.

Amateur Egger; professional rodeo clown. Birmingham, AL
  • nolaegghead
    @skiddy - no offense taken...I'd be a hypocrite if I were offended, considering all the stuff I post...

I got a Lodge 7 qt at their outlet in Pigeon Forge, TN for $83.

Damascus, VA.  Friendliest town on the Appalachian Trail.

LBGE Aug 2012, SBGE Feb 2014

• I ask for the same thing every year, but never seem to get it....more time. Although, last year I got the LGE, so that wasn't a bad substitute.

Outside of more free time, I'm asking for calphalon 12" SS frying pan; pasta attachment for my Kitchenaide; Lodge 7.5 qt enamal DO; and a RC plane for me and the kids.

Instead of the Lodge, I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on the Le Creuset Seconds that they sell at Marshall's.
  • Eggcelsior
    Eggcelsior Posts: 14,414
    edited November 2012
    mazaman said:
    I ask for the same thing every year, but never seem to get it....more time. Although, last year I got the LGE, so that wasn't a bad substitute. Outside of more free time, I'm asking for calphalon 12" SS frying pan; pasta attachment for my Kitchenaide; Lodge 7.5 qt enamal DO; and a RC plane for me and the kids. Instead of the Lodge, I was wondering if anyone had some thoughts on the Le Creuset Seconds that they sell at Marshall's.
    The seconds are good. I have a few. No difference in quality, it is usually just a defect in the glaze or something similar. It doesn't affect the quality and they still carry the lifetime warranty. If you are a Costco member, look at their new ones. I was in there a couple weeks ago and the CI DO are now made in France, instead of Thailand/China(If this is important to you). They have a finish on the inside similar to Staub-brand DO's.  They go for 70-80 bucks, I believe.
  • BBQ Guru
    Remington 870 Tactical
    New iphone
    LBGE
    Go Dawgs! - Marietta, GA
  • GLW
    GLW Posts: 178
    Anything made by Lucchese.
    When in doubt add more pepper.
  • henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Would like a blower system but not gonna kill me if I don't. More kitchen stuff in the mancave. Lifetime supply of craft beer. Salado trip. More egg knowledge. Lingerie.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • nolaegghead
    @henapple - what kind of mancave you got?  Room in house based, garage based, cave in side of mountain based?  I've been dying to start a mancave thread.  (tie it into egging somehow so it isn't OT)....
    I've got a one car garage attached to our house with doors on each end. A 9' stainless table and sink to prep with. I can roll the egg table in and stay out of the weather. 30" TV for football....a few comfy chairs. Beers and meat are in the adjacent garage. It's not pretty but it's home.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • bodski
    bodski Posts: 463
    13" cast iron grate for my pswoo3
    Maverick et732
    CI Dutch oven
    +1 Remington 870 tactical
    24' Bennington tri-toon

Cincinnati

LBGE, Weber Kettle

• I bought a 7 qt Lodge D.O. from Amazon.com for $55, no shipping and had it the next day.  It works great for chili on the LBGE.
    Beth Hardeeville, South Carolina
  • travisstrick
    travisstrick Posts: 5,002
    edited November 2012
    An 18ft G3 duck hunting boat. I'm tired of walking through the woods in my waders with several doz decoys on my back.

Also, a 100qt yeti. That is all.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.