Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Grill Gazebo

jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
You can rightly accuse me of showing off or bragging here. But I also think most of you will also understand just how happy I am about my new year round grill gazebo. So I had to share. 

For the last 7 years I'd had a 10' x 10' EZ-Up shelter including a new one purchased this Spring They gave me a grill shelter 8 months out of the year. The new one didn't last this whole summer. I am an architect when I play an adult and I decided to try to design one for myself that looked good and was relatively inexpensive to build. I figured I might end up building it myself next spring. 

It just so happened that for 3 weeks at the end of August and into September we had construction going on on the inside of the house. The guys were doing a great job and I ended up making them lunch every day for 3 weeks on the Egg. They were my Guinea pigs and I made a little bit of everything to learn my Egg. Towards the end of the construction the G.C. saw a 3D view of my grill gazebo on my laptop. He asked about it and when I told him it was a grill gazebo for me he got very interested. He was very grateful for how I had treated his guys and had said he wanted to make it up to me. He said he had an opening in his schedule the next week and if I could do it then he could give me a good price. I did and he did and you see the end results. It is a 10'x10' grill gazebo out of pressure treated lumber. I pinch myself every time I go out to my new grill gazebo to grill on my new BGE. I just can't believe how lucky I am and I am having the most fun ever with this hobby!

Jim

3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments