Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

My New Grill Gazebo

Options
jfm0830
jfm0830 Posts: 987
edited October 2012 in EggHead Forum
You can rightly accuse me of showing off or bragging here. But I also think most of you will also understand just how happy I am about my new year round grill gazebo. So I had to share. 

For the last 7 years I'd had a 10' x 10' EZ-Up shelter including a new one purchased this Spring They gave me a grill shelter 8 months out of the year. The new one didn't last this whole summer. I am an architect when I play an adult and I decided to try to design one for myself that looked good and was relatively inexpensive to build. I figured I might end up building it myself next spring. 

It just so happened that for 3 weeks at the end of August and into September we had construction going on on the inside of the house. The guys were doing a great job and I ended up making them lunch every day for 3 weeks on the Egg. They were my Guinea pigs and I made a little bit of everything to learn my Egg. Towards the end of the construction the G.C. saw a 3D view of my grill gazebo on my laptop. He asked about it and when I told him it was a grill gazebo for me he got very interested. He was very grateful for how I had treated his guys and had said he wanted to make it up to me. He said he had an opening in his schedule the next week and if I could do it then he could give me a good price. I did and he did and you see the end results. It is a 10'x10' grill gazebo out of pressure treated lumber. I pinch myself every time I go out to my new grill gazebo to grill on my new BGE. I just can't believe how lucky I am and I am having the most fun ever with this hobby!

Jim

3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.

Comments

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Options
    Looks great Jim!

It's such a great hobby and it taste pretty awesome too. It's always pretty flattering too when the family would rather have steaks at home instead of going to steak house.

Keep living the BBQ dream sir! :)
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,829
    Options
    No need to worry about bragging or showing off here.  We're all Eggheads and share your enjoyment and excitement with you.
    Nice setup.  Wire it up with some lighting, speakers and draft beer and you'll have heaven on earth.

Congrats!
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• henapple
    henapple Posts: 16,025
    Options
    Nice....put some all weather sealer on it. Not Thompson. If you lived in TN I'd do it for you.
    Green egg, dead animal and alcohol. The "Boro".. TN 
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    What the hell are those tall green things in the background? Is that what you guys call trees :-B
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options
    Very cool.  Feeding the crew karma back at you.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Very nice! Shouldn't you have some walls to keep the snow out though?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Doc_Eggerton
    Doc_Eggerton Posts: 5,321
    Options

Mickey said:
    What the hell are those tall green things in the background? Is that what you guys call trees :-B
    And not one palmetto, slash pine, palm tree, or Brazilian pepper in sight.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• jfm0830
    jfm0830 Posts: 987
    Options
    Thanks for looking and commenting. I can't believe how fast people find posts on this board. 

cazzy said:
    .... It's such a great hobby and it taste pretty awesome too. ....)
    Yes indeed. It is one of the few hobbies that you get to share the results with family and friends. If you have a grate day, hopefully they have a great day too!

YEMTrey said:
    ... Wire it up with some lighting, speakers and draft beer and you'll have heaven on earth....

Sadly there were no more leaves on the money tree. But I have plans for next spring.

henapple said:
    Nice....put some all weather sealer on it. Not Thompson. If you lived in TN I'd do it for you.
    So even though it is pressure treated seal it? Believe me if you lived near by I'd be happy to let you do it. I'd feed you too. ;)

Mickey said:
    Most of them in my back yard are 110' tall pine trees that right now are raining pine needles and pine cones down on me.

I wanted to keep it as open as possible. We'll see if I still feel that way after the first winter.

Jim
    3 LBGE & More Eggcessories than I care to think about.
  • Newbbqer
    Options
    Looks awesome! Great place to spend quality time with some smoke and drinks.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nice gazebo, Jim.  I cook under cover too.  Rains constantly down here.  Good job and enjoy.
    Looking good. Check put Sikkens SRD when you go to seal it. Best sealer and stain on the market.
    Mark Annville, PA
  • loveTheEgg
    Options
    Sweet mother of grills!! very nice!
    Brandon, MS
  • r270ba
    r270ba Posts: 763
    Options
    Nice Jim!  Very nice!!!
    Anderson, SC
    XL BGE, Father's Day Gift 2012 (Thanks Fam!!!)
    Webber Kettle and Webber Summit Gasser
    Want List: Thermapen, Small BGE, Wok, Adjustable Rig, Food Saver, More $

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Great job, same size as mine. 

I left one side open, we will see how the wind blows or if the two weeks of snow we might get is an issue. Today we had about 4" of rain, the egg was quietly chugging away for about 5 hours doing a rack of ribs. Nice to go out and not have to wear a N'orWester. Enjoy.
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • cspearce2
    cspearce2 Posts: 107
    Options
    Very nice.
    Kind Regards...Papa C
    Peachtree City, GA
    2-XLBG's E...Webber 22" kettle, Retired Gas Grill
    Roll Tide!!!
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Great Gazebo but an even better story.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • Ellis
    Ellis Posts: 195
    Options
    Good look set up Jim and I like the three rosemary basting brushes right next to your fun area. 
  • U_tarded
    U_tarded Posts: 2,042
    Options
    I am green with envy its like a nature man cave of BBQ love!
  • Austin  Egghead
    Options
    Very nice area you designed for the egg.
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    Has anyone said 'Grillzebo' yet? Grillzebo!

• Hashmaker
    Hashmaker Posts: 149
    Options
    Very nice.

Now if I could just win the lottery to put all the cool I've seen here in my yard, I'd be set!
  • Mike8it
    Mike8it Posts: 468
    Options
    Looks great. I know you will enjoy that for many years to come
  • Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options

What do you think he lives in Canuck Land Little Steven?

Nice Gazebo I am jealous, I have to do something soon before the snow falls, I don't even have a back door so have to trudge everything all the way around the back of the house and then hand it in the back basement window when its cooked.

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Oh...I get it...I'm sure they never see snow in NE Mass.

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Stoater
    Stoater Posts: 292
    Options
    Oh...I get it...I'm sure they never see snow in NE Mass.
    Sorry was just kiddin!