Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Could the site be set up for local eggers?

hondabbq
hondabbq Posts: 1,980
edited October 2012 in Forum Feedback

Is it posssible for the site to have regional forums? ie Canadian eggers broken down into provinces? US broken into states?

The accessories, charcoal, food stuffs are not as abundant in Canada like in the southern US. Having a forum dedicated to those in close proximity would be very beneficial. ie I went to do my first brisket and I read several posts that you just go and buy them at a grocery store or Costco. I need to order them from my butcher. In Canada as it isnt a hot commodity as down south. The rubs and seasonings are not available lup here either that many mention in threads. Just a thought . Thanks.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    You can pretty much just ask or share and put that in your title

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    Skiddymarker Posts: 8,522
    You can pretty much just ask or share and put that in your title
    +1, use the title to indicate your discussion topic and if required, regional need. Brisket is not a standard shelf item in most of Canada, but any SafeWay butcher will prepare one for you (At least my local SafeWays)
    Rubs, like Dizzy Pig are available in Ontario, haven't found a dealer in Vancouver. 
    If there was to be a "local" Canadian forum, it would be up to Northwind, the Canadian distributor to establish and administer - can't see that happening. 
    For me, I like to read and learn from our American cousins, BBQ is something they know and are willing to share. 
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,951
    edited October 2012
    or you could just use words like colour, flavour, Whisky or any french words you know in the title. That way we will know to stay away :))
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Skiddymarker
    or you could just use words like colour, flavour, Whisky or any french words you know in the title. That way we will know to stay away :))
    You forgot degrees C, anything metric, litre and centre.  If we try to use French code those damn Cajuns in La jump in....
    Delta B.C. - Whiskey and steak, because no good story ever started with someone having a salad!
  • Little Steven
    edited October 2012
    It usually helps to put in an "eh?" with any questions.....or comments as well. BTW Zehrs (with a zed not a zee) has prime rib AA or better for $3.43 eh?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Skiddymarker
    It usually helps to put in an "eh?" with any questions.....or comments as well. BTW Zehrs (with a zed not a zee) has prime rib AA or better for $3.43 eh?
    Non, the correct term is Quoi? use the code......
  • ccpoulin1
    ccpoulin1 Posts: 390
    Even though I don't live there any more, I still get a kick out of the accent eh.........the quebecois are good peeps! My grandparents were all french canadians and i grew up on the canadian border. Go habs go! ( if there is a hockey season this year)

"You are who you are when nobody is looking"

• Skiddymarker
    edited October 2012
    ccpoulin1 said:
    Even though I don't live there any more, I still get a kick out of the accent eh.........the quebecois are good peeps! My grandparents were all french canadians and i grew up on the canadian border. Go habs go! ( if there is a hockey season this year)
    You Sir (or Madam) understand the best things in life, anyone who understands that there is only one hockey team, Les Habitants, is OK with me. 

(I live "alone" here in Vancouver Canuck country)
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    I always thought a wood-chipper forum for North Dakota/MN users would be popular ;)
    ccpoulin1 said:
    You Sir (or Madam) understand the best things in life, anyone who understands that there is only one hockey team, Les Habitants, is OK with me. 

In high school i played against John LeClair for a couple seasons who went on to be a hab for a while before going to Philly.  Also know Roberto Luongo's in laws a little.......You are not alone my friend, there are habs fans all over these two great nations!

• Little Steven
    ccpoulin1 said:
    ccpoulin1 said:

In high school i played against John LeClair for a couple seasons who went on to be a hab for a while before going to Philly.  Also know Roberto Luongo's in laws a little.......You are not alone my friend, there are habs fans all over these two great nations!
    Too funny CC. I was working in Montreal and at the game when LeClair came back with the "Legion of Doom" I'll never forget it. They say Leaf fans are fickle. There was a near riot. Funny thing is LeClair is American

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• It usually helps to put in an "eh?" with any questions.....or comments as well. BTW Zehrs (with a zed not a zee) has prime rib AA or better for $3.43 eh?
    Non, the correct term is Quoi? use the code......
    I don't know.  I live in Michigan near the border and all the Canucks I know say "eh?" not "quoi?"
    Flint, Michigan
  • Oh, I forgot.  If there is a season this year...GO WINGS!
    Flint, Michigan
  • hondabbq

Lets not turn this thread into a National Bashing session. Lord knows that could go on forever with comments from both sides of the border about each other.

• nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    edited October 2012
    Seriously, yes, this forum could have some categories added for Canadian eggheads where there's a difference and it would be worth it.  Or a general "Canadian Egghead Forum".  It would be easy to add for those that control the content.  It's probably a line or two of data in whatever the web server's war file reads. Probably xml or in a database.  I think it would be worth contacting BGE to add.  More people contacting them would be a good lobbying effort. 
    Seriously, yes, this forum could have some categories added for Canadian eggheads where there's a difference and it would be worth it.  Or a general "Canadian Egghead Forum".  It would be easy to add for those that control the content.  It's probably a line or two of data in whatever the web server's war file reads. Probably xml or in a database.  I think it would be worth contacting BGE to add.  More people contacting them would be a good lobbying effort. 
    I hate Canadians. If it's ok I'll hang here with y'all

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• hondabbq
    I hate Canadians. If it's ok I'll hang here with y'all
    LOL!!
  • Little Steven
    Where you at bye? Does Honda have anything to do with Alliston? I'm in Caledon

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ccpoulin1
    edited October 2012
    canadian, american, we are connected by borders   I have lots of friends north of the border ( and south, had to say that in case my wife checks  :P  i don't want to wake up with a colombian neck tie!!   good day to all!