Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Yardbird, twice bakers, & grilled romaine

Options
The Cen-Tex Smoker
The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,961
edited September 2012 in EggHead Forum
Ok- so i haven't actually contributed much in the last several weeks. Been traveling a ton and this is my first cook in 6 weeks or so. Nothing special but was nice to get smoky again.

Use did some chicken quarters with Dizzy Tsunami Spin and glazed with Bone Sucking Sauce a grilled romaine salad, and Janell's awesome twice baked potatoes (always the best thing on th table). It was all really tasty, really easy, and nobody went hungry.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Have more pics but photobucket is acting weird. You get the idea. Off on another trip tonight for a few days. Good times.
Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• travisstrick
    Options
    Welcome back. Did you make it to El Siboney in Key West? What about Hogfish Grill on Stock Island (one bridge north)?
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    Man !  That looks good !!!!

I love Bone Sucking Sauce.  Your twice baked potatoes look great too !!!

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bigphil
    bigphil Posts: 1,390
    Options
    looks really good haven't done quarters yet do they turn out just as juicy as doing a whole bird ?
    Large Big Green Egg , XL Big Green Egg . BBQ Guru, Weber Kettle, Weber Q grill for road trips.
  • SteveWPBFL
    SteveWPBFL Posts: 1,327
    Options
    My four year puts Bone Suckin' Sauce on everything.
  • Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Seriously cool CTS

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys

• XLBalco
    XLBalco Posts: 607
    Options
    good looking eats there!
  • JWBurns
    JWBurns Posts: 344
    Options
    Glad to have you back CT

How's the grilled Romaine? That's something I've had no desire to try.. I guess I just don't "get" it
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    JWBurns said:
    Glad to have you back CT

How's the grilled Romaine? That's something I've had no desire to try.. I guess I just don't "get" it

We love it. Wish the pics didn't get messed up by photo bucket. It was actually pretty cool looking. We did it with some good black olives and some very finely diced sun dried tomatoes. Its super easy and it's still a cold romaine salad. You just char it real quick over high heat. Adds a really nice smoky/char flavor to otherwise pretty boring romaine
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Welcome back. Did you make it to El Siboney in Key West? What about Hogfish Grill on Stock Island (one bridge north)?

I think I went to a couple of them but it was all pretty hazy. Let's put it this way, I'm on the wagon and that NEVER happens. Great trip :)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    bigphil said:
    looks really good haven't done quarters yet do they turn out just as juicy as doing a whole bird ?

They do and you don't have all that pesky lean breast meat to deal with :) I actually like chicken breast but not for bbq
  • travisstrick
    Options

I think I went to a couple of them but it was all pretty hazy. Let's put it this way, I'm on the wagon and that NEVER happens. Great trip :)

The real question is, did you go to the third floor naked bar on duval st? Oh duval st, how I miss thee.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    The real question is, did you go to the third floor naked bar on duval st? Oh duval st, how I miss thee.
    Pictures of Travis on Duval St. would put Prince Harry's Las Vegas trip to shame.  \:D/

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• bud812
    bud812 Posts: 1,869
    Options
    Pictures of Travis on Duval St. would put Prince Harry's Las Vegas trip to shame.  \:D/
    I think I'll pass on that one.
    :-q

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry alcohol is a solution...

Large & Small BGE

Stockton Ca.

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

You know I found that place. Wow. Freak show.
  • lakewade
    Options
    Ok- so i haven't actually contributed much in the last several weeks. Been traveling a ton and this is my first cook in 6 weeks or so. Nothing special but was nice to get smoky again. Use did some chicken quarters with Dizzy Tsunami Spin and glazed with Bone Sucking Sauce a grilled romaine salad, and Janell's awesome twice baked potatoes (always the best thing on th table). It was all really tasty, really easy, and nobody went hungry.Have more pics but photobucket is acting weird. You get the idea. Off on another trip tonight for a few days. Good times.
    That looks awesome Cen-Tex!  Safe travels.

-----------
    I feel a whole lot more like I do now than I did when I got here.