Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 bone prime rib roasts. Any suggestions?

Options
Canadian Egg
Canadian Egg Posts: 19
edited July 2012 in EggHead Forum
Cooking for girlfriend's daughters anniversary. sides are carrot,s with cinnamon and honey and garlic mashed potatoes. Should I cook this like a steak or low and slow? I'm leaning towards low and slow.

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    edited July 2012
    Options
    Good call with the low&slow-I go indirect @ around 250*F (+/-) for around 25 mins/# til the desired finish temp.  I'm sure this would behave the same as a larger roast.  You will get an even finish across the roast diameter-I'm gettin hungry.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canadian Egg
    Options
    Good call with the low&slow-I go indirect @ around 250*F (+/-) for around 25 mins/# til the desired finish temp.  I'm sure this would behave the same as a larger roast.  You will get an even finish across the roast diameter-I'm gettin hungry.
    Thanks lousubcap! Got my Brother to cut me some washers and worked great. Thanks for the link! I went to the butcher and got him to cut the bones off a 4 rib roast and then cut it in half since I don't want to intrude on their romantic supper. Gonna have my own romantic dinner with the mom. :)
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    I'm with Cap- I stole his recipe for Easter and it was outstanding. I did salt, pepper, Rosemary and Oak smoke at 250 indirect until 125 in the middle. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX