Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Thanks Weekend Warrior

CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,909
edited 4:56PM in EggHead Forum
for the cotronics gasket and two large jars of Blues Hog. you are very kind and generous Mark.

found a hole under the original gasket...

2bb8fe10.jpg

installed cotronics on the lower half only...

6ac0b6ef.jpg

11e06692.jpg

see you at the 'burgh fest, hope I don't forget to return the extra gasket.

Gary
canuckland

Comments

• WWSisWWSis Posts: 1,448
    Hey Gary - mark turned me on to that too. Replaced my large gasket and no probs. Hope all is well with you. :)
  • CanuggheadCanugghead Posts: 5,909
    Julia, still after-partying? :P enjoyed your NH posts but too lazy to post :blush: i'm good except for some interesting changes work wise. hope to see you and Dave iat the 'burgh fest.
    Gary
    canuckland
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 883
    If your extra gasket is for the large, I'll buy it at the Pgh fest. I am getting a lg demo and plan to switch out the gasket very soon after delivery. Just talking from experience. The one bummer about the BGE.
    you'll have to ask Mark.
    canuckland
  • PattyOPattyO Posts: 883
    Hey Mark
    If that gasket is LG, I'd like to buy it from you at the Pgh Fest. I'm getting a lg demo and will replace the gasket before it fails. I learned my lesson.
  • Weekend WarriorWeekend Warrior Posts: 1,702
    Hi Gary. I just found your post. You're more than welcome and thank you again for the Canukian sauces. I'm glad to hear you found a ride with the Grand Green Egg. :laugh: Look forward to seeing you again in a month. B)
  • rtr85rtr85 Posts: 2
    What size Cotronics tape is that? I'm trying to determine which one to order. I am installing on a XL egg. Thanks!
  • XC242XC242 Posts: 942
    I had a hole in my ceramic similar to yours except there was a slug of ceramic sitting loosely in the hole. 
    LBGE (still waitin' for my free T-Shirt), DIgiQ DX2 (In Blue, cause it's the fastest), Heavy Duty Kick Ash Basket, Mc Farland, WI. :glasses:  B)
    If it wasn't for my BGE I'd have no use for my backyard...
    @rtr85 - sorry it was so long ago, I honestly don't know the specs/size since it was a gift.
    @XC242 - the gasket is still holding well, totally forgot about that hole!
    canuckland
  • SkiddymarkerSkiddymarker Posts: 8,112
    edited March 2015
    Hey that coin was supposed to be returned to Ottawa, hoarder. The Cotronics is good, nice install job. I have one in a drawer waiting for my three year old High-Que to give up. Four years out of it, pretty good. 
    Delta B.C. - Move over coffee, this is job for alcohol!
    It was still alive and well in 2011.  btw, we have to say 'three cents worth' since two cents are rounded down to nought, eh? 
    canuckland